Hi from Mid Wales

Alan Burch

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Montgomery, Mid Wales
Best answers
Hi

I am in the process of setting up garden railway (still got some digging, weeding and levelling to do). I have acquired a reasonable amount of LGB and am awaiting the delivery of some secondhand MTS equipment. I have just bought a DCC equipped loco so that I can test everything before I start to convert the analogue ones I already have. I expect to be posting a few queries on here as work progresses! I'd be happy to hear from any other members in Mid Wales or Shropshire.

Alan

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Alan. Are you getting MTS 2 or 3. The 2, whilst working well, is showing its age now with all the functions available on modern decoders.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Alan! Opposite side of the country from you (Essex), but will be over your way (well, Wales anyway...) in September for the Llanfair show and W&L steam gala!
I would agree with Stockers (the other Alan) about MTS3 being the better purchase, but you can still get by well enough with MTS2P (if all parts of the system are marked with the "P" sticker for Parallel operation).

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome!
A little closer to you, in Tamworth.. There are a fair few in the area, so am sure someone else will be along in a minute.
PhilP.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Alan.

Alan Burch

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Montgomery, Mid Wales
Best answers
Thank you for all the welcome messages. The control system has arrived, it's MTS2P. I've just got to wait for a dcc equipped loco to arrive from Germany to start testing, meanwhile carry on with the digging and weeding.

Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
O let the fun begin !! Lol