Hi Everyone, From The Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Hi everyone,
My names Callum, and I'm new to the forum, plus the world a G Scale Modelling too. From a very young age I've always wanted to have my own garden railway, and finally last year I started building my own, with the help of my Granddad, who got me into trains and model railways in the first place.
My garden railway is know as the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR), and runs around and over the pond in the garden, via a suspension bridge. I've documented it's construction in videos on my YouTube channel SDJR7F88 and via my topic on RMweb.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SDJR7F88
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/in...he-blagdon-butcombe-light-railway-bblr/page-1
I would love to start a topic on the railway, if there's a section one peoples layouts? (shows how new I am to this forum) :rofl:
As mention this is my first years with G Scale and Garden Railways, and I still have many things to learn, and hope to learn lots more through this superb forum. :)
Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Regards Callum

Attachments

• DSC00352 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC00352 (1024x768).jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 1 users

beachdonkey

Model railways, classic cars, music
14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Callum, I have watched your progress on YouTube so feel a bit familiar will your railway already ,it looks to be a job you have done.:cool::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Welcome Callum, I have watched your progress on YouTube so feel a bit familiar will your railway already ,it looks to be a job you have done.:cool::nod:
Thanks ever so much! Looking forward to getting more involved with the B&BLR on here too. Still got to learn my way around the site. :D

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome from a relative newcomer. I note your ID, up until a year or so ago I was a volunteer at the North Norfolk Railway where I helped run the large OO model railway. It was based on the S&D but you would probably be horrified to know I quite happily ran Thomas, US, Continental and the occasional Bachmann Gandy Dancer.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/friendsofholt/html/holt_model_railway.html

Paul

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello callum. .welcome to the mad house ... there are different section of the fourm. Look at garden railway section...

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to GSC Callum, looks like you've already made a pretty good start! Love the bridges.....

Jon.

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Welcome from a relative newcomer. I note your ID, up until a year or so ago I was a volunteer at the North Norfolk Railway where I helped run the large OO model railway. It was based on the S&D but you would probably be horrified to know I quite happily ran Thomas, US, Continental and the occasional Bachmann Gandy Dancer.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/friendsofholt/html/holt_model_railway.html

Paul
Thanks ever so much Paul! Oh yes, big fan of the S&D! Wow! Sounds like quite a mixture of stock! Even for the S&D! :rofl:

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Hello callum. .welcome to the mad house ... there are different section of the fourm. Look at garden railway section...
Thanks Mike! Sounds like I'll fit in well! :rofl: Excellent, will check it out. Still getting use to finding my way around the site

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome.
Had a look at your blog etc. Looks like you've had a lot of fun building a good looking railway. The bridges are impressive - a great family effort
Very smart videos too

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Welcome to GSC Callum, looks like you've already made a pretty good start! Love the bridges.....

Jon.
Thanks ever so much Jon! The bridges sure are a grand feature on the line, hope to bring more updates and progress on the railway very soon ;)

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Your railway pictures usually go in the 'pictures' section. or you can add them to 'Media'.

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Welcome.
Had a look at your blog etc. Looks like you've had a lot of fun building a good looking railway. The bridges are impressive - a great family effort
Very smart videos too
Thanks ever so much Paul! Glad you like it! It sure has been a lot of fun to build so far. It really is great to see the family getting involved with it too. Makes it all the more fun! :) Hope to bring more updates and progress on the railway soon. Plus glad you enjoy the videos, it's my main way of documenting the railway. ;)
Many thanks indeed!

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Welcome. Your railway pictures usually go in the 'pictures' section. or you can add them to 'Media'.
Thanks ever so much for the info Alan! Is there a section where I can start a topic on the layout itself? Add picks and video of the progress to it? Still getting use to finding my way around at the mo :D

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yes - in the pictures section.

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
You can create you own build log in the pictures section and add videos and links as you wish. Have fun.
Have a look at one or two others to get the idea, although there are no fixed rules as to what to do.

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
You can create you own build log in the pictures section and add videos and links as you wish. Have fun.
Have a look at one or two others to get the idea, although there are no fixed rules as to what to do.
Many thanks indeed! Looking forward to getting started! :)