Help needed with power

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
i want to apply lube to fish plates but can’t find any where that sells it can you help thanks Paul
Lub is simple, most of us use a copper graphite "grease" (it in actually grease), under many names, can be purchased from most good motor factors (Halfords, but there are other ;)). Greg will inform you about standard graphite, which will work. Caution with ordinary grease is its lack of continuity, but basically it is to stop the connection oxidising.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You need to clean the rail ends, and make sure the fishplates are tight.. You only need a small amount of the 'grease' in each joint. - About half the size of a pea..

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Paul,

I see your location indicates Farnham? Well tomorrow, Sunday 1st March, the Surry Group of the G Scale Society is having their annual indoor meet. I will be there and we can discuss things face to face and I can sell you a tube of Graphite paste if you want?

The show is only 20miles from you (I believe) at the East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6QT and starts is from 11am until 4pm.

Hi I am using massoth 8136501 DiMAX 1210Z Central Station – Massoth Elektronik GmbH. And Rc Navigator massoth also of all my loco the Bachman steam engine is not affected.but the LGB loco 4/4 is and so is mth diesel
also LGB maintenance loco .i want to apply lube to fish plates but can’t find any where that sells it can you help thanks Paul

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Believe it or not, the most important thing about greasing the joints is not the composition of the grease, but that you successfully keep air, and thus oxidation out of the joint. With the small distances between the rail and the joiner, having actual conductive grease (electrically conductive) is nice but not necessary.

All the graphite-based "conductive" greases are not conductive, which you can prove to yourself with an ohmmeter... (there are some real conductive greases, usually with nickel, copper or aluminum in them)

Greg

Greyfox

Registered
28 Jun 2019
Farnham
Best answers
Paul,

I see your location indicates Farnham? Well tomorrow, Sunday 1st March, the Surry Group of the G Scale Society is having their annual indoor meet. I will be there and we can discuss things face to face and I can sell you a tube of Graphite paste if you want?

The show is only 20miles from you (I believe) at the East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6QT and starts is from 11am until 4pm.
Hi sorry have been laid up at the moment with a bad back is there any chance I can meet up with you or are you having another show some time thanks paul