Pminot

Registered
29 Mar 2017
Delaware, Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
Wanted to say hello to everyone,
A little about myself,
Have been playing with model trains for many years. I have a basement layout in 3 rail O gauge. I have been building a garden layout in the back yard for the last couple of years. Mostly use LGB
Have had fun working on both layouts.
Thanks,
Paul

Reactions: 1 user

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard, Paul.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Paul. We like pictures if you are able to show us any of your lines!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Paul, have fun here and ask anything you want!

Jon.

Pminot

Registered
29 Mar 2017
Delaware, Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, I will try to get some pictures posted.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Paul. Your railway is impressive. I too am working on a Lionel 3 rail layout of the smallish type, in my garage.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I love the layout pics - your outdoor line looks to have a load of stuff and great operating potential in a relatively small area!

Jon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Paul!

Nice layout there....

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello paul

Pminot

Registered
29 Mar 2017
Delaware, Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Paul. Your railway is impressive. I too am working on a Lionel 3 rail layout of the smallish type, in my garage.
Thanks,
Will you be running gg1's?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks,
Will you be running gg1's?

Absolutely. For the small layout I am building they will run under imaginary catenary. Once the attic is cleared out I hope to build a larger layout with operating catenary.

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard

Pminot

Registered
29 Mar 2017
Delaware, Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely. For the small layout I am building they will run under imaginary catenary. Once the attic is cleared out I hope to build a larger layout with operating catenary.
I like the overhead catenary

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, I hail from just north of Indianapolis. Got my start in G with LGB and now have moved into modeling both UK in 16mm and a touch of American logging. I am almost all live steam with a couple engines fitted with onboard batteries. I am in the middle of rebuilding our garden line to get it out of reach of my dogs, we also have an indoor overhead loop in our living room. Its a bit of a haul, but on the 22nd we are having a steam up in Linden Indiana at a RR museum there in town. A local modeler and friend of mine will have his portable layout set up and we will be running G scale live steam all day(weather permitting). Your welcome to take a road trip and see what live steam in G scale is like. You could also visit the shop in Zionsville, Indiana that has large scale trains. Mike and Michele T

Pminot

Registered
29 Mar 2017
Delaware, Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, I hail from just north of Indianapolis. Got my start in G with LGB and now have moved into modeling both UK in 16mm and a touch of American logging. I am almost all live steam with a couple engines fitted with onboard batteries. I am in the middle of rebuilding our garden line to get it out of reach of my dogs, we also have an indoor overhead loop in our living room. Its a bit of a haul, but on the 22nd we are having a steam up in Linden Indiana at a RR museum there in town. A local modeler and friend of mine will have his portable layout set up and we will be running G scale live steam all day(weather permitting). Your welcome to take a road trip and see what live steam in G scale is like. You could also visit the shop in Zionsville, Indiana that has large scale trains. Mike and Michele T
Thank for the invite! I will out of town. Will plan to get over that way sometime.
Your layout sounds interesting.
Paul

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
The portable layout belongs to Jim Sanders, he lives just west of Indianapolis. We have a loose knit group from the surrounding states that meet when Jim sets it up for various shows. I believe the NMRA convention is in Indy this year, he might be setting it up for that one but I havent heard. I can let you know the next time its set up. I am working on a new raised railway at my place as our newest dog thinks anything on the old ground level line is a chew toy and track is fun to dig up. So I pulled that line up yesterday. Between my friend Steve and I, we have 8 live steam engines, Steve has 2 shays, a Regner Lumberjack and a Pearse Earl. I have a Roundhouse Sammie that has tons of upgrades and modifications, a Pearse Countess, Merlin Major named Hendey and an Accucraft Ruby#5. If you are over this way, your welcome to stop over, I should have something up and running again very soon. The small shop in Zionsville is on 106 street just a couple blocks north of I465 on the north side of Indy just west off Michigan road. Nice O gauge and under shop is over on Washington St on the east side called Train Central. We have 2 shops here in Kokomo where I live. I have family in the Eaton, Dayton and Westerville, Ohio area and my parents are from the West Alexandria area originally. Mike

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here are some pics of us raising steam on Jim's layout at the Urbana IL train show a couple weeks ago. Mike
Steve and I have talked about building our own portable layout, with a single track mainline and scenery to compliment the steam trains, its been done many times in the UK, but seldom on portable live steam layouts in the USA. Look at the Timpdon Lake Railway on youtube, thats what we would like to do, but with wider radius curves to suit the long coaches for the Welshpool & Llanfair light railway. IF we could get more guys involved, it would make doing this much easier. Really need more than just Steve and I.

Reactions: 1 user