idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
As a Lancastrian it takes some effort to say welcome to a Yorkshireman but welcome anyway! Only joking. :)

Anyway I can't really comment on your whereabouts as I have lived in Ascot for the last 30 odd years which makes me either a soft southerner or as I prefer it a northern missionary.

Glad to see I am not the only person to use decking groove side up. It made sense to me to improve the drainage but I get peculiar comments from visitors and viewers. Love the people, good job of painting those, there's a commercial sideline for you there. Would like to see more pictures as you clearly know what you are doing.

Jotom

Registered
7 Mar 2016
York
Best answers
Country flag
image.jpeg image.jpeg Thanks for the kind words Dave.
Painting G scale figures is so much easier after spending many years painting OO scale figures.
I don't clearly know what I am doing in the garden / track laying etc, more luck than judgement.
The pics are of my Driver for my RH Bertie, he had to have some surgery to fit in!

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Grooves up - always.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes Duncan as soon as I can work out how to attach a video!
Welcome to the Forum, looks like this question not yet been answered. Hope your IT Tech up to my description.

A Open You Tube at Your Vid and have a Second Screen (Window) with the Furum Open.
1 Open the Vid that you are going to use on Ebay.
2 Copy the complete line in the Browser Hole.
3 Paste that to a Forum Reply with description of what it is.

B
If you have the Vid on your PC, you will need to use the option that you have already used to add a Picture but select the Vid File.

I have never done B so am assuming it works, no doubt if this is wrong someone will tell me!
JonD

Jotom

Registered
7 Mar 2016
York
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. I am afraid that I am no tech expert so A is a foreign language to me. I have tried B but I think I got a message that said something like 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension'

I am using an iPad to do this, so does that make a difference?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. I am afraid that I am no tech expert so A is a foreign language to me. I have tried B but I think I got a message that said something like 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension'

I am using an iPad to do this, so does that make a difference?

I use an iPad as well. So B will be tricky as Movies do not appear in the Pics as they used to.

So A is what you need to do. So post your Vids on You Tube.

1 First you will need a You Tube Account, Free to get.

2 If you Open the Vid on the iPad, Top Right you will see a Square with an Arrow Pointing Up. Click on that and you can then load the Vid on You Tube. Give it a Name you will remember, I generally record them in Notes.

3 Once it has Loaded you can then use the Name on the Top of the Screen to put it into the Forum.

4 To Copy that name go to the Mail that You Tube will have sent you telling you that you have been succesful in creating the Vid.

5 Click some other Text rather then the Name of the Vid (this will be lettered in Blue) if you click just that the iPad will take you straight to You Tube not what you want. So Hold your finger over "Take a look at" then an Eyeglass will appear. Also some Dots and Blue over a Word. Pull the Last dot so that it is at the end of the You Tube name. Move the first one so that it is at the beginning then select Copy.

6 No go to the Forum.

7 hold your finger on the reply and with the Eyeglas press Paste. Complete your Post then post on line.

Hope this helps. Have trid to be as untechy as I can for you.
JonD

Jotom

Registered
7 Mar 2016
York
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks JonD, you have been very patient and clear. When I can find time and a calm moment over the weekend I will have a go. I will probably have to send the Wife out shopping with my wallet to achieve this.........

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks JonD, you have been very patient and clear. When I can find time and a calm moment over the weekend I will have a go. I will probably have to send the Wife out shopping with my wallet to achieve this.........

NOOOOO!!!
;)

Cheaper to write DVD's and send them to all forum members in the post!!
;):p:giggle::giggle:

Jotom

Registered
7 Mar 2016
York
Best answers
Country flag
The pen keeps slipping into the groves!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The pen keeps slipping into the groves!

Excellent!
You will fit in here very well.
:clap::clap::clap:

Used to date a girl from up t'north...
came to nowt..

She didn't like her Huddersfield!
:eek:;)

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
You should have asked "how much to Oldham" first...

Reactions: 1 user