Registered
28 Jul 2021
Leicestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex (as you guessed from my username).
I've been building my 45mm gauge garden railway for almost a year, having began in UK Lockdown No.1.
Most of the track has been laid, except for a loop and a few sidings hither thither.
I have a respectable collection of LGB rolling stock (although I hope to supplant this with stuff that's closer to home), with one loco (that being a Zillertalbahn 0-6-2T), which needs to be converted to radio control since the track is dead.
Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the group and let me be the first to mention that we love to see photos.

I will also say that there are some very knowledgeable people here who are willing to answer your queries. No question is too silly, believe me as I have tested that.

Paul

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Alex!

I am not far from Leicestershire. - in fact I pop-in and out every morning. :giggle:

I also have a bit of a vested interest in radio controlled trains.

PhilP

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Alex. Plenty of advice will be given on here. First off: Beware of the awful jokes

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Alex,

You will find everything you need here with someone able to answer any questions you have,

Ive had to ask a few and its all been sorted out,, Excellent help here from eveybody, :)

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Alex and welcome, you think the pertinent points have been brought up:
  • Good advice available
  • Bad jokes with the advice
  • Photos, lots of photos
So its up to you and good luck :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to GSC, Alex, you'll find no shortage of advice on here to help you with your project!

Jon.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex (as you guessed from my username).
I've been building my 45mm gauge garden railway for almost a year, having began in UK Lockdown No.1.
Most of the track has been laid, except for a loop and a few sidings hither thither.
I have a respectable collection of LGB rolling stock (although I hope to supplant this with stuff that's closer to home), with one loco (that being a Zillertalbahn 0-6-2T), which needs to be converted to radio control since the track is dead.
Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Hi Alex welcome to the forum, plenty of battery conversions on here by me and others. Personally I tend to prefer Fosworks Products though I have used Deltang. He can sell you everything you need which with the wiring loom makes the job very easy. For batteries I take the safer option and use NiMh. Have a loo at the posts around 56 on this link which shows the Fosworks that I have used in my latest admittedly Gauge 3 project, but would fit nicely in a U2 (Ziller 0-6-2).