Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Bobo: An affluent and successful person who has a preference for countercultural ideas.
Booboo: A foolish mistake.
Bo-Bo: The arrangement of two, two-axled, bogies which is a common wheel arrangement for modern electric and diesel locomotives.

I'm all confused now... It could be any of the above. :speechless:

OK, so Simon likes the tank. Maybe it was an impulse acquisition because it went bling! Nice blue it is. :happy: Perhaps it will later come into fruition with the 'master plan'. >:)

Which Piko starter set did you purchase Simon? :think:

Last edited:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Bobo: An affluent and successful person who has a preference for countercultural ideas.
Bo-Bo: The arrangement of two, two-axled, bogies which is a common wheel arrangement for modern electric and diesel locomotives.

OK, so Simon likes the tank. Maybe it was an impulse acquisition because it went bling! Nice blue it is. :happy: Perhaps it will later come into fruition with the 'master plan'. >:)

Bobo - Yogi bear's associate.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag

OK the OP likes the tank. Maybe it was an impulse acquisition because it went bling that will later come into fruition.
Bobo - Yogi bear's associate.

Yes, that too! Does LGB now make a Yogi set? :giggle:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
and diesel locomotives.

Transcendental trains! o_O

That might take some thinking about?
:nerd:

PhilP

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag

OK the OP likes the tank. Maybe it was an impulse acquisition because it went bling that will later come into fruition.

Not that I know of, but like Yoga, watching trains is nice and relaxing.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

I left 2 of the o’s out so as not to indicate a foolish mistake, just a beginners whim for buying stuff we like that may not fit the master plan if ever one emerges. Certainly his 2 big bogie vehicles he has shown us do not fit in too well with the current inglenook, nice as they are.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
But he can run them on the mainline (in the garden) with the inglenook as a set-piece works alongside..

Lots of photo opportunities.
:)

PhilP

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
But he can run them on the mainline (in the garden) with the inglenook as a set-piece works alongside..

Lots of photo opportunities.
:)

PhilP
Indeed so, but I don't think he has got to that point yet.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds to me like you have a German domestic plug - For Germany there are two associated plug types, types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Germany operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.

Snip it off and replace it with a British plug with a 5 AMP fuse.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds to me like you have a German domestic plug - For Germany there are two associated plug types, types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Germany operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.

Snip it off and replace it with a British plug with a 5 AMP fuse.
However for safety the unit should give the voltage, if Euro (just less than our 240) then all will be fine. BUT if it says 110v then that fix a big NO NO and a new unit would be required.

However I think you should be correct Tac.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
However for safety the unit should give the voltage, if Euro (just less than our 240) then all will be fine. BUT if it says 110v then that fix a big NO NO and a new unit would be required.

Might just be - ebay suppliers have a habit of selling home-market merchandise to us poor iggerunt inhabitants of the 'Foggy Islands', oftbetimes with dire resultments. Mayhap the OP's original buy was made from that direction - hoon ooooooooooo?

Last edited:

G scale Simon

Registered
13 Jan 2023
Huddersfield
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks for all your help everyone. It's been one incredible day :) I went to Wickes, but the adapter plug I need was out of stock and so I went along to the local B&Q, where there were zillions of them and so, all I've done this afternoon (Saturday) is running in the loco. It runs, spot on. It's good value for the money.
I bought a Piko Eva tank wagon from Tim at Arcadia - his shop is fantastic :) I've ended up with a handful of wagons and a shunting loco that would never go together in real life and this was only meant to be a tiny, LGB field railway......
The starter set, came through the post, from Jadlam Racing and the power supply is rated for the UK, it was just the adapter plug that had me foxed, but thanks to all of you on here, that's all good now :)

Attachments

• SAM_0335.JPG
    SAM_0335.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SAM_0338.JPG
    SAM_0338.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SAM_0331.JPG
    SAM_0331.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

UK are also 230v, we moved away from 240v, and the EU moved from 220v to 230v in 2003.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks for all your help everyone. It's been one incredible day :) I went to Wickes, but the adapter plug I need was out of stock and so I went along to the local B&Q, where there were zillions of them and so, all I've done this afternoon (Saturday) is running in the loco. It runs, spot on. It's good value for the money.
I bought a Piko Eva tank wagon from Tim at Arcadia - his shop is fantastic :) I've ended up with a handful of wagons and a shunting loco that would never go together in real life and this was only meant to be a tiny, LGB field railway......
It's your railway, Simon, so you run it as you want to and with what rolling stock and locos.

Over lunch last Wednesday, I was talking to someone of 84 who described model railways as a "disease" (his main interest is 45mm, but he also has O and N, and too much of each!). I know exactly what he means and you seem to have caught it, too, so just enjoy having it.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Simon, looking at your controller it says Pri 100-240volts which usually means it is capable of being used in most countries, so no excuse not to take it on holiday with you :rofl:
Although we are nominally now 230V here, it doesn't mean that the voltage in your house isn't anything up to 245V, there's quite a large tolerance involved. We start being concerned when 250+ is reached

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
All that extra space Simon! I couldn't help myself playing with AnyRail over morning coffee. More for short field railway stock although accommodating some of your more lengthy items may be possible.
Anyway, food for thought. I'm sure you're capable of devising your own plan. :)

Small Shunt Layouts 01.jpg

Last edited:

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
It's your railway, Simon, so you run it as you want to and with what rolling stock and locos.

Over lunch last Wednesday, I was talking to someone of 84 who described model railways as a "disease" (his main interest is 45mm, but he also has O and N, and too much of each!). I know exactly what he means and you seem to have caught it, too, so just enjoy having it.
More like an addiction.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag