Chewbacacabra

Registered
6 Nov 2022
California
www.undefinedlaboratories.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi there, thanks for letting me join.
I'm a set carpenter and prop maker in LA and we have a long standing tradition of model train tomfoolery.
My layout set in the fictional California town of Piso Mojado is a test bed for 3D printing, both modeling and fabrication. I mostly focus on Pacific Electric stuff in 1/29 scale. Looking forward to sharing my stuff with you all soon.
Here are some work in progress shots of PE 1624 and a Hollywood style steel streetcar Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 2.51.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-07 at 2.51.11 PM.png

Reactions: 2 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the forum. I rather like the pictures that you have posted, they are very interesting.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Chewbacacabra. Have you an easier name to use? There will we plenty of advice about on here, and judging by your modelling you'll have advice to give. Just beware of the humour.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Chewy, like the two options you have shown. The loco is a real gem and a classic PE beast.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Chewy, and as said two nice examples. Please keep the photos coming, we do love our photos on the this forum, however, I must mention the humour, it can be a little dire at times, but you get use to it ;)

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
welcome
a long history of model train tomfoolery….hmmm….my mouse antenna are tingling, lol.

what wonderful models. Love them both, but especially the articulated trolly.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Great models waiting for a trip to the paint shop! Welcome on board.

Chewbacacabra

Registered
6 Nov 2022
California
www.undefinedlaboratories.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks y'all. My nom de real life is Patrick.
I've also modeled some rolling stock, mostly hoppers. The layout has a long way to go as I want to scratchbuild as much as I can and given the limited time I have to work on my own stuff, its going to be a long project.
Luckily I have access to some really cool tools. I'm happy to print stuff for others too, my shop has 6 3D printers running around the clock (4 FDM 2 SLA)
Here is some stuff on the bench and a quick pic of the spooky skull mountain mine on the one rainy day we get in Los Angeles. The bridge is fir that I milled down on a table saw with 3D printed bits and bobs, namely the bents as they need to sit in water. The hopper is a PRR hopper I found the model on Printables.com, you can see the combination of SLA and FDM I use, depending on what the project calls for. Buildings are MDF with a bondo skin and Kilz primer to make them weatherproof with 3D printed details like the AC unit.
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.17.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.16.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.17.20 AM.png

Reactions: 1 user

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
Wow. You made all that yourself. Truly amazing ..I love that trolley.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, and welcome to the madness