Hello All

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Howdy all.
Given that pretty much every G-scale search turns up a G Scale Central result, it seemed well worth joining the forum as I dip my toe in the world of G Scale. There just seems to be a huge amount of friendly, patient and knowledgeable members!

I'm in the UK and starting out in G-Scale - something to hopefully involve the family with as they grow (but if they're not interested, hey...it's more playtime for me, right? ;))

I don't have a layout yet but am building up my collection of track and stock while I get some inspiration.
It's likely to be an odd mixure of old and new US, plus a bit of British stock thrown in. The depot consists of:

kitbashed Lionel Hogwarts to make a British Mogul
Scratch built Class 37 diesel (British)
Aristo Lil Critter
LGB Mikado
Bachmann Shay with the mandatory disconnects and log cars
USAT SD70 & GP9

Pictures to follow as I start making some progress, of course!

Darren

Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, no shortage of advice, humour and some appalling puns on here. Have you got a proper name we can call you, and where abouts are you?

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, no shortage of advice, humour and some appalling puns on here. Have you got a proper name we can call you, and where abouts are you?

Thanks Paul :hi:

yep, sorry. I should have included that. Name's Darren and I hail from Gloucester in the UK

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
DGE, welcome to the forum, however I am sure you would prefer to be called something else, so give us a clue :)
We are a friendly bunch really, but beware of the humouro_O

Maryland Mike

Registered
30 May 2018
Gaithersburg MD
Best answers
Hay Darren! Greetings from the N Potomac & Western MD. It looks like you have a strong start with your stock and locos. Scratch building skills will come in handy as you progress i'm sure. What kind of rail are you using? Power? I've been in and out of the hobby and back in for a few years now so I have a lot of stuff including dad's collection but I'm still on the fence for power options. Thinking DCC and batt maybe but it's an investment and i have a lot of locos so do need to convert over time while still using the track power I think. I went with all stainless steel Aristo and conductivity is pretty solid.

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, Darren, from Ottawa, Ontario, the Dominion of Canada. Make yourself at home, and drop by the "Coffee Lounge" (chat room) when you have a chance.
As far as contributing to your knowledge and future hopes; drop into our web page....the OVGRS,...…..
www.ovgrs.ca

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Darren welcome to the Forum, I hope that you find my links below of interest.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Darren....

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Howdy all.
Given that pretty much every G-scale search turns up a G Scale Central result, it seemed well worth joining the forum as I dip my toe in the world of G Scale. There just seems to be a huge amount of friendly, patient and knowledgeable members!

I'm in the UK and starting out in G-Scale - something to hopefully involve the family with as they grow (but if they're not interested, hey...it's more playtime for me, right? ;))

I don't have a layout yet but am building up my collection of track and stock while I get some inspiration.
It's likely to be an odd mixure of old and new US, plus a bit of British stock thrown in. The depot consists of:

kitbashed Lionel Hogwarts to make a British Mogul
Scratch built Class 37 diesel (British)
Aristo Lil Critter
LGB Mikado
Bachmann Shay with the mandatory disconnects and log cars
USAT SD70 & GP9

Pictures to follow as I start making some progress, of course!

Darren

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard.