steamhostler

Indoors SM32 Live Steam modeling in the USA
31 Dec 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Here is the current locomotive roster on the Grand View Light Railway.

The green Roundhouse Katie -DRAGONFLY- has factory R/C converted to RCS handheld controller, and a Slow Mo installed. It'll get lining, sanders, oil type headlight, and a bell installed.
It's assigned to the daily freight and 3 day a week agricultural train.

The maroon Accucraft Sabrina -DRAGONFIRE- is in the process of getting RCS R/C installed. It'll get lining, sanders, oil type headlight, and a bell installed.
It's assigned to the twice a day coal train to the powerhouse.

The green Accucraft Peckett -FIREFLY- will get RCS R/C installed, and an oil type headlight and bell.
It's assigned to the twice a day passenger train.

This will get the Railway service up and running, future growth will make DRAGONFLY the primary Passenger engine, and the FIREFLY the passenger Excursion engine.
The DRAGONFIRE will remain the Coal engine, and a new Accucraft saddle tank will become the Freight engine.
Then a new Roundhouse Katie with R/C and Slo Mo will be the Stage Yard engine, as the Yard engine switches the 4 track stage yard and the Big Valley Branch making up trains.

So, the future 5 engine roster will have the 2 Passenger engines in Green livery, and the 3 Freight engines in Maroon livery.

Click on thumbnails for larger pic

Eng2.jpg Eng6.jpg Eng5.jpg Eng7.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
A very nice selection of locomotives. I do like that Peckett. Are there many 16mm scale 32 gauge modellers in America? I thought 45mm gauge was mostly used

steamhostler

31 Dec 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
SM32 is rare in America! I've moved my Live Steaming indoors because of advancing age and winter weather in Colorado. 32mm fits in the house better than 4 ft radius 45mm does,
and I've always liked 2 foot narrow-gauge. I'm selling off all of my 45mm stock to finance the 32mm layout.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Jim - given that there seems to be nobody in USA carrying out lining [was there ever?] I'm here to advise you that Tom Eivers of Endon Valley Decals makes lining sets for various locomotives, and will happily make custom decals to suit any requirement.

If you do get in touch with him - tell him I sent you - I'm just another one of his many hundreds if happy customers - at last Saturday's show he was selling stuff like a man possessed.

steamhostler

31 Dec 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you Tac, I checked into that and he doesn't seem to offer lining stripes smaller than 2mm thick vinyl cut.
I am interested in water slide decals with some fancier corner decals for lining locos.