Galloping Goose in F Scale

Graham ASH

Fn3 Logging & Mining
4 Oct 2012
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Hi All
Im looking for a second hand Galloping Goose, either Berlyn, Aristocraft or Bachmann, not bothered. Would like one with sound if available, but again not bothered.
As long as its a good runner, it wont be doing too many miles, need it for a F scale exhibition layout where it will pose !!
Contact me by PM .
thanks Graham

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
not seen one overhere for a while,,, in fact not a lot of 1 20,3 drgw/rgs stock about at the mo,,,,,,

Graham ASH

Fn3 Logging & Mining
4 Oct 2012
Best answers
Hi Mike,
Thanks for that info, had a look and will probably get one of those.
Had a look at the show yesterday and didnt see a Single Goose or Railtruck for sale, but its not a problem, no rush as its only a secondary motor Im after, which wont have to run a lot.

DaveyB - no havnt seen or heard of any of late, but its not a problem

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
been quite a few on ebay in the states,,,, mostly goose 2 and 6

wouldnt mind one myself,,,,, one day,,,,

will keep an eye out and let you know if one pops up

Graham ASH

Fn3 Logging & Mining
4 Oct 2012
Best answers
Thanks for that mate

Graham ASH

Fn3 Logging & Mining
4 Oct 2012
Best answers
Hi - an update.
Just recently bought Goose No 1 from John Prescott, in silver/black, after some weathering it should be nice.
Also opted to fit the Tsunami TSu 1000 - the goose instructions say it doesnt need a large decoder so Ive gone for tha 1 amp Tsunami and will see if thats okay
Also gone with a 45mm speaker
Graham

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Graham
On the GRSUK web site the July news letter shows the Accucraft Goose no. 4 in stock at £635 .

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Best answers
Country flag
Accucraft have been making them since the 1980s and so they come up second hand reasonably often.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Well done on purchasing the No1
It is a great little model. The only thing that is a problem is that it 'hunts' and 'pulses' a little when going down a steep gradient. This is due to the universal coupling in the drive chain having a bit of play.
Other than that, you will be well pleased. The Tsunami should be fine as long as the wick is kept down. If you have a Massoth 1200Z, set the voltage at 19v max.

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
I do not know if the #1 railtrucks available are new release or new old stock. If NOS then there was a warning notice on these. The screws retaining the bearing saddle at the forward end of the driveshaft were either not tightened securely or were too long (bottomed out). End result was the shaft saddle was loose allowing the driveshaft to flop around. The saddle is under the driver's seat moulding. Disassembly is relatively easy to correct.

Apparently, the two screws that come as a spare to mount the snow plow are a perfect fit.

Edit: if after an Accucraft Goose then opt for a silver finish. I had a couple of black ones and the black paint finish showed every bit of dirt and was difficult to keep looking relatively clean.

Graham ASH

Fn3 Logging & Mining
4 Oct 2012
Best answers
Just been on-line and found myself a Goose Num 2, new by Accurcaft at $325 - I love my Goose num 1 and after Ive fitted its Tsunami will be even happier. Now considering buying this Goose Num 2 - its a lot different to Num 1 and the two together would look fine
Graham