G scale???

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Why is life so ****** difficult?

All I want to do is to cancel a post part way through.

Help appreciated please?

SW

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The easiest way is to ignore it and not 'post' it - it will eventually drift off into the ether and, until you have pressed the 'post' button, nobody else (except the administrator) can see it.

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Rhinochugger.

I've tried that in the past but even with switching my computer off the post is still there like a bad penny.

I'll try again next time.

SW

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Rhinochugger.

I've tried that in the past but even with switching my computer off the post is still there like a bad penny.

I'll try again next time.

SW
You can always ask a Mod to have it deleted, if it really irritates you - send Stockers a PM :nod::nod::nod:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You can always delete the text, in the edit box, before posting..

I find the editor goes away with the fairies, losing my text, sometimes.. When I next come to the thread, there it is sitting waiting for me..
I then just delete the text, as I have invariably re-posted, or it is no longer relevant.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I've noticed the same problem, and yes, it can be irritating when you can't seem to delete something - I often find the easiest is just to write something else over the top of it - even just "post deleted, nothing to see here..." and then post that; as long as you post SOMETHING then the software seems happy. But it does seem to be a bit of a glitch that once you've started composing a post, there appears to be nothing you can do to get rid of it.....

Jon.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Once you press post it is done, you can delete text in a post, but not a post or topic that you have created, think before you post!!!

As for creation, back button, before pressing the post button normally works

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes I find it a bit of a pain, especially when you are going to “Reply” to a post and then think better of it!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I was once told that words are like toothpaste - you can never get them back in the tube :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

I have since followed a golden rule, which is to stop worrying and just upset everyone without fear or favour :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Reactions: 1 users

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Not that it matters, but what does this have to do with figures and accessories ?

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, well Madman, since you ask. I recently bought some unpainted figures off ebygum. Purported to be G scale they arrived this morning from Europe and not only are they too tiny for G scale but I doubt they would look right in 0 gauge.

I was going to post a photograph showing the comparison with other G scale figures but for some strange reason I couldn't download the picture so the post seemed superfluous; a bit like this one really!

SW

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, well Madman, since you ask. I recently bought some unpainted figures off ebygum.

BTW, did the doctor diagnose a hyperactive ebay finger when you visited him the other day ? :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
BTW, did the doctor diagnose a hyperactive ebay finger when you visited him the other day ? :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

It's catching!
I seem to have bought a bit of a 'pig in a poke'?? Well, maybe? :think::eek::think:

s-l1600.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It's catching!
I seem to have bought a bit of a 'pig in a poke'?? Well, maybe? :think::eek::think:

View attachment 244354
Well, that looks exciting - the bogies look as if they're Essel, and the body roof has been through the wars somewhat.

Well, you can only improve it :D:D

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It will look H-U-G-E next to anything else on 32mm track! :nerd::think::giggle::giggle:

IF an Essel power-bogie, I would be happy.. A MAC5, looks like there may be a sound-card?? A 'cased' AxTronics charger..
And lots of sproggy wires to trace! - What can possibly go wrong? :think::rofl::rofl::rofl:

More-or-less, next door postcode to Mum, who I am visiting tomorrow.. :):devil::devil:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It will look H-U-G-E next to anything else on 32mm track! :nerd::think::giggle::giggle:

IF an Essel power-bogie, I would be happy.. A MAC5, looks like there may be a sound-card?? A 'cased' AxTronics charger..
And lots of sproggy wires to trace! - What can possibly go wrong? :think::rofl::rofl::rofl:

More-or-less, next door postcode to Mum, who I am visiting tomorrow.. :):devil::devil:
I thought I saw it on evilbay saying 0 gauge :think::think::think: - at which point I moved on.

Just checked the Essel site, and maybe not :shake::shake:

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
USA Trains replacement power-bogies would be killed by carriage and taxes. - Unless I could arrange a late 'birthday gift' with someone..

For the money it has cost, I reckon I could make a minor profit re-selling the recognisable 'bits'?? :think::nod:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
USA Trains replacement power-bogies would be killed by carriage and taxes. - Unless I could arrange a late 'birthday gift' with someone..

For the money it has cost, I reckon I could make a minor profit re-selling the recognisable 'bits'?? :think::nod:
What about some cosmetic bogie sides - the guy who's doing 3D prints of Aristo spares :think::think::think:

Is the body 1:29?

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is the body 1:29?

The blue part is.. The cab-section is said to be a scratch-build, so all bets are off, on that.. :nerd::think:

I also need to check, but I have a feeling the GP7 should have 3-axle bogies? :think:
I really need insulated wheels, at 45mm gauge.. :nod: The coupling 'arrangements' look 'interesting', as well?? :eek::think::)

Definitely a build-thread, and very-probably, a slow-burner as well.. :(

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The blue part is.. The cab-section is said to be a scratch-build, so all bets are off, on that.. :nerd::think:

I also need to check, but I have a feeling the GP7 should have 3-axle bogies? :think:
I really need insulated wheels, at 45mm gauge.. :nod: The coupling 'arrangements' look 'interesting', as well?? :eek::think::)

Definitely a build-thread, and very-probably, a slow-burner as well.. :(
No, you're OK - it's listed as a B-B .............. not a Bo-Bo - wonder why?