phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I was looking for some enamel paints to use on my wagons/locos that were similar in color to the old Floquil line of RR colors. I came across the "Floquil Paint to Military Color Conversion Chart V1.2" on the Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine website, mhrmag.com. Do a search on "shoofly's blog" it's near the bottom.

I find this chart very helpful as I am looking for modern enamel paints that replicate the Floquil RR colors for use on models that will spend a lot of time outdoors.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I was looking for some enamel paints to use on my wagons/locos that were similar in color to the old Floquil line of RR colors. I came across the "Floquil Paint to Military Color Conversion Chart V1.2" on the Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine website, mhrmag.com. Do a search on "shoofly's blog" it's near the bottom.

I find this chart very helpful as I am looking for modern enamel paints that replicate the Floquil RR colors for use on models that will spend a lot of time outdoors.
Floquil Paint was great stuff but extremely Toxic as I remember. They had a green that was a superb match for BR Green that I used extensively on my TT Gauge Southern Region Kit built locs.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Tamiya also do a pretty good equivalent to most railroad colours (see their colour chart)in either acrylic or enamel (gloss or flat)