Floquil Paint Equivalents

P

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I was looking for some enamel paints to use on my wagons/locos that were similar in color to the old Floquil line of RR colors. I came across the "Floquil Paint to Military Color Conversion Chart V1.2" on the Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine website, mhrmag.com. Do a search on "shoofly's blog" it's near the bottom.

I find this chart very helpful as I am looking for modern enamel paints that replicate the Floquil RR colors for use on models that will spend a lot of time outdoors.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
I was looking for some enamel paints to use on my wagons/locos that were similar in color to the old Floquil line of RR colors. I came across the "Floquil Paint to Military Color Conversion Chart V1.2" on the Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine website, mhrmag.com. Do a search on "shoofly's blog" it's near the bottom.

I find this chart very helpful as I am looking for modern enamel paints that replicate the Floquil RR colors for use on models that will spend a lot of time outdoors.
Floquil Paint was great stuff but extremely Toxic as I remember. They had a green that was a superb match for BR Green that I used extensively on my TT Gauge Southern Region Kit built locs.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
beavercreek

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Tamiya also do a pretty good equivalent to most railroad colours (see their colour chart)in either acrylic or enamel (gloss or flat)