Dual gauge track

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately I need the line to be code 332. At this time Funds do not allow me to spend any money, so it's a case of use what I have available. and the ability to build. But the photo may well prove useful.
Regards,
Paul.
Here's a rather simplified sketch Paul. There is only one moving part - a pivoting tapered blade. It is critical the point of the blade extends some way past the point where the track starts to diverge. When not set to 'turn' it will be roughly parallel with the straight 32mm track and guide the wheels past the gap in the outside rail.. The long check rail at the top prevents traffic on the 45mm line from diverting. The check rails on the 32mm line are purely to maintain a smooth traverse of the cuts in the rail and the insulated triangular frog thing. I don't know what radius the diverging curve is, but I reckon the whole thing could be knocked up out of three 1ft straights. I don't think this would be too difficult to construct. It would entain a bit of trial and error to get the angles perfect. If your skills aren't up to it I could possibly have a bash if I can find time.
IMG_20210131_002852.jpg

Last edited:

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for that, I'll have a play.
I have a scrap old style lgb 1st radius point (Short moving rail.) in the bits box that may provide some of the necessary parts. Now which crate is the rail bender in? :wondering:
Regards,
Paul.

Last edited: