does anybody know how to get a voxelab aquila running?

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
me and my dad are planning on 3D printing PLA track for our outdoor layout (note shaded area not much sunlight) and but we aren't sure how to get software set up.
Can't help with the software, I assume this is for the transition pieces, and not the whole track, as discussed in other threads, this probably not the most cost effective way forward.

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
What software are you using? I think both Cura and Simplify 3D have presets for that printer.

Have you done any simple or calibration prints? These will be your first step to ensure everything is set up correctly.

NorthwestGarrattGuy

Some young foamer from seattle
1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
kaedmonkeirbrannan.wixsite.com
Best answers
Country flag
What software are you using? I think both Cura and Simplify 3D have presets for that printer.

Have you done any simple or calibration prints? These will be your first step to ensure everything is set up correctly.
we are still trying to firgure this all out and my doesn't want to make any concrete descions yet

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I've found Simplify3D to be the easiest to use, but it is not free. They do a free trial however, so you can see how you get on with it.

Cura is a little slower to use and to find your way around, but it's a very good piece of software nonetheless.

Try both and see how you get on.

Plenty of experience on here if you get stuck!

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Google "voxelab aquila tutorials" and there are some how to videos
A couple of examples
Plus their user manual

It appears that this printer is a clone of the Creality Ender 3 V2 so if it is anything like mine there were test print files on the SD card that contains all the software.
The Ender was just plug and play ie put in the SD card and turn it on and it loaded everything.

Bed levelling is vitally important to get quality prints as I am finding out.

Cura is the most recommended slicing program for beginners it is available as a free download.

That should keep you busy for a while.

NorthwestGarrattGuy

Some young foamer from seattle
1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
kaedmonkeirbrannan.wixsite.com
Best answers
Country flag
I've found Simplify3D to be the easiest to use, but it is not free. They do a free trial however, so you can see how you get on with it.

Cura is a little slower to use and to find your way around, but it's a very good piece of software nonetheless.

Try both and see how you get on.

Plenty of experience on here if you get stuck!
is cura free?

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag