DIP Switches when chipping an MTS ready loco.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I've just fitted a Massoth XL decoder to my LGB 22962 Class 2095 class 'Wizzy Cranks' loco.

I used the LGB 55026 MTS cable assy to connect the decoder to the main circuit board in the loco.

Now I seem to remember that you have to change the DIP switch settings, but I can't find any reference to this in any of my instructions, so could someone please confirm what the settings of these 4 switches please?

At the moment my loco is not working on either analogue address 00 or its new address 09....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you have to set ALL the DIP switches to OFF, Gizzy, but you'd better not do it until someone who really knows comes on and confirms it....;)

Jon

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Oh Dear!
If you have tried it with the dip switchs on then the chip may have died....

ALL dip switchs need to set to the OFF position before applying track power.

Sorry for the bad news, you might have got away with it but i dont think you will have.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
steve parberry said:
Oh Dear!
If you have tried it with the dip switchs on then the chip may have died....

ALL dip switchs need to set to the OFF position before applying track power.

Sorry for the bad news, you might have got away with it but i dont think you will have.
Okay thanks Steve, I've changed the DIP switches to off and it's working on address 09 now.

Only one bogie motoring though, but I think it's because I need to connect another set of green/brown/yellow/white wires included with the decoder, from the decoder to a second set of terminals on the loco's circuit board.

The instructions seem to suggest I need only the one set, but it looks like each motor bogie has its own tracks on the circuit board and they aren't commoned as I expected....

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
That correct giz. you will need to double up you track and motor wires as suggested.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
The 22962 was designed for 2 x 55021 decoders. It was a derivative of the single decoder & booster.
The 4 contacts for each motor need commoning.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks chaps for the confirmation!

I need a watchmakers screwdriver here at home to undo the screws on the terminal block, so I'll scrouge one tonight at the MRC....

(Fitted the decoder at work.)

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Getting the hang of this decoder fitting now?

One Wizzy Cranks, with its full compliment of working motor bogies, chipped, programmed and tested....