Digital reverse loop module

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Does the particular brandname reverse loop module need to be 'brandname' specific for the brandname of the central station digital control used? If not, any particular brand that works really well? My reverse loop is barely longer than the locomotive, so I require a brand that works with minimal impact on power control.

My second reverse loop is controlled by the LGB analogue reverse loop set. I will NOT be using this 'analogue' loop in digital use, however, will the installation of the reverse loop set impact on digital operation.

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Any reverse loop module will work but you need to be aware that the one you choose must be able to handle the higher current g scale locos use. If you are going to use the module in 'short circuit' operation mode then the Bachmann unit is cost effective and works well.

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Colin,
thankyou for the info. I like the Massoth module with its track sensing segments. Due the short length of my loop section (around one metre), I do not know if the loop can be taken 'on the fly', or if stopping is required to allow switching to occur.

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
If you used the massoth one with sense track then there is no impact on travel as the sense tracks change the poliarity before the loco generates a short.

Remember that if using metal wheels then the whole train must fit within the section or you create a dead short and possiably damage the unit!!

Cant speak about other brands as i have no experiance

Also see here

http://www.gscalecentral.net/m158921

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi I bought a LGB unit off a member and it has never worked!!! I left it in and when some of the lads came they checked what I had done, everything seemed ok so I have put in wires to changs when I get to the end, I'm hoping to see Mike next month as he understands LGB Les