Difference between POLA Susch and Madulain station kits?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
and of course variations in rolling stock and motive power-keeping all trinas to a single car as the track work is a bit rocky
andyanddadhike2010summer122.jpg

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
the ballenburg is probably the most enjoyable to watch with its counter movement on the rack
andyanddadhike2010summer125.jpg

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
oddly the cleaning loco goes right over with no issues-i have reversed the cleaning wheels so they pull -and its enough extra grip to make it climb rather more than well!

so that was my xmas-along with a nice bottle of Islay and an overwhelming amount of shortbread (reasons unko9wn but i do love the stuff!)

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Looks good Steve!

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
oddly the cleaning loco goes right over with no issues-i have reversed the cleaning wheels so they pull -and its enough extra grip to make it climb rather more than well!

so that was my xmas-along with a nice bottle of Islay and an overwhelming amount of shortbread (reasons unko9wn but i do love the stuff!)

Does it still clean? I've thought of doing this as it has pshed apart a couple of loose track joiners. Not such a big problem until they're in a slightly too long tunnel

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
SGR

yes it cleans quite well-obviously there is the factor of the differential between the loco rate of travel and the rate at which the cleaning wheels rotate-so i simply run mine in 'slow mode' altho it will still clean in race mode too-albeit lightly

to be honest i do see a bit less in 'first time over' polishing-this is in the way of 'zebra-ing' -but it still works well-so it will take 2-3 swipes instead of 1 (as an overall casual estimation-otoh this also means a bit less wear -perhaps??!

however the benefits are -the loco tracks muc more nicely through points, imho a great deal more smoothly

and does not stall on grades even with wet rails-on my line which does have grades-this is worth it to me having had the loco stall with wet or sap covered rails-it is what prompted me to reverse the grinding direction (which BTW, is entirely and easily reversed without alteration)

as it is nothing more than removing the cowel and the retaining strip and lowering the power block and reversing the motor leads-all of ten mintues max-you should simply see if you like it and works for you