Difference between POLA Susch and Madulain station kits?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
any differences other than the color?

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Ah, H0:

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects...6.1292/atid.2280/ecm.at/Bahnhof-Madulain.html

Funny, as an avid collector of Pola H0 building kits, I have several of the "Country Specific" models that were in the normal Pola range going back to the 1960s. An interesting marketing ploy by Faller for sure. Some, like this station, were even marketed under US names (I have an Atlas version of this model for example):

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects...292/atid.2272/ecm.at/St_-Niklaus-station.html

But also of interest is this:

http://www.bigtrainworld.com/catalo...16165&osCsid=03e573dd89fafd1d69c5d866578cf5f2

Same name, but then Susch was sold in H0 and 1:22,5 but the number 33/1799 makes little sense.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
funandtrains said:
I believe that the Madulain station version is a limited edition made for Swiss Faller distributor only. From the photos it looks like in addition to the different colour it has a largish platform to one side where as the Susch version only has a small raised loading platform.

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPS.woa/cms/layout/lid.223/bid.6910/190102_fg_01.html

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects...1131.1181/atid.1678/ecm.at/Bahnhof-Susch.html

good eye indeed-

but the madulain pic you have is the ho version

but if you look at the g scale version pics

I noticed that the two photos of the different stations are actually opposite sides-they are almost mirror -but if you look at the roof overhangs they change-as does the loading platform --ie i assume the platform is the same size on both models -but has a longer side and shorter side-depending which side of the building you photo  

i was wondering more about goodies, details -which pola has included in some models-mostly in my experience the earlier 'grand' models -i see susch has clocks and etc-madualin pics do not-but it might simply be a beauty shot -as was the case with schoenweiler (SP???)

and i also thought i saw somewhat smaller roof supports-but this makes no logical sense given the molding production

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Steve Denver, do you have pix of the "G" version, I have yet to see one....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
As both these stations are on the Pontresina to Scuol-Tarasp route of the RhB, it's probable that the buildings' prototype are of a common design, and therefore identical apart from the exterior paint finish colouring....

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
    well the only pic i have is on a thin four page  97 pola flyer / insert "neu for 97" -and that pic show the station as all white-the pic is about 2 inches igh and 1 wide or so

and i cant scan it and post 

(and it is that pic to which i referred about reverse sides)

steve
that may indeed be what faller posted in the g section -perhaps because it is no longer offered in the catalog so they are using a stock picture -i dont know- but the maudlain pic is the ho scale version-i can tell because its the same as the ho version-which i got when i did a search on the faller site-you can also tell by some the the details-benchs , lights etc

the second is indeed the gscale version

i was just hoping someone might have had both and could speak to the question first hand

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
funandtrains said:
The links I put on are the G version from the Faller website.

Susch yes, but the Madulain one has an H0 number (19xxx) and does not show on the G page?

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Unfortunately, I am not seeing a G scale (331799) kit listed, the only place Maudulain is listed is:

Click on "New for 2010", then click on the H0 kit "country specific" range, which is just below "Pola G" in the menu on the left. Opening this gives you the other H0 country specific buildings...

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects...id.1286/ecm.ag/Länderspezifische-Modelle.html

Clicking on "new for 2010" for Pola G or the normal Pola G range buttons show no indication of 331799? Can you post a link back to the G page?

FYI, a dealer in Austraila has these (G) kits in stock, listed at closeout at $35 AUS...postage may be a killer tho? http://www.trainsntoys.com.au/

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
hey
when mine arrives, NOS, -$135 US

-ill take a pic and post

then we'll all know

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Good find!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
update -madulain is identical to susch in color!

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Any other difference?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
none 
apparently the early promo photo must have bee a prototype without the contrasting color plastic stucco walls-

the stucco is an inlay for the master wall outline-so window sill and door portals are one color and the stucco piece is another

obviously the decals say Madulain instead of Susch 

the ad decals are some ive never seen with any other pola kit-they are stingy in number, compared to others 

but they are for the Waldau station and have:
typical yellow and blue time tables
"Waldau"
Langnese -seen before_what is this btw???looks like it should be an ice cream or mill product from the colors and my US point of view

Milka chocolate
something called '4711'-again what is this???
Birkel-a picture of a modern macaroni box
Persil-not the typical woman ala 1020's but picture of a modern box of detergent 

the kit has no goodies-ie details such as flower boxes or barrels-does have the same wood pile-same loading dock
the stucco is a pale tan/sand color

nice kit-really nice and impressive-like Scholenweiler station imho

im going to paint the stucco a bolder color-something like "leather' /caramel  or a yellow ochre-for a more dramatic contrast between the white inner portal walls and corner trim and the walls-a bit more pizazz-dont know if ill like it but i think the sand is a bit too subtle

nothing like a 'Bermuda' style paint scheme-still, i think i may look rather striking

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
something called '4711'-again what is this???

Eau de Cologne - (if I've spelt it right) - a type of refreshing perfume so I'me told!

Mick

philkelly

France, railcars, DCC
24 Oct 2009
Islington, London & Vienne, France
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
Langnese -seen before_what is this btw???looks like it should be an ice cream or mill product from the colors and my US point of view

German (Swiss?) ice cream brand widely sold in Europe

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
decided to paint the walls, for eye popping more contrast!

well i had off the 23 and on-so on the 24th i built my station
andyanddadhike2010summer105.jpg

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
and i have been under construction since april
so i have no real railroad left
so i decided to use my new pathway and
the cog stuff
andyanddadhike2010summer102.jpg