DC control UK supplier?

Shunter46

Registered
3 Apr 2019
West Midlands United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for a Remote DC hand held System. Had reply’s from Australia and USA. I would like to use a system from the UK just feel in case of problems a UK based supplier would be best. I am currently looking at the unit produced by LocoControl. Has anyone had any experience with this unit ?
Thanks

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

Shunter46

Registered
3 Apr 2019
Best answers
Country flag

Cranford

Theatre, Model railroads, GCR
29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for a Remote DC hand held System. Had reply’s from Australia and USA. I would like to use a system from the UK just feel in case of problems a UK based supplier would be best. I am currently looking at the unit produced by LocoControl. Has anyone had any experience with this unit ?
Thanks
What are you wanting to control, track or battery locos? Have a look at Piko 35040 R/C Receiver with Pocket Remote G Scale - TopSlots n Trains > I have successfully used it on 2 layouts, you would have to supply your own transformer. They can also be used on battery operated locos. Another system for battery locos that is gaining popularity is from Locoremote, this a cost effective wi fi system operated via an I phone or Android phone, both uk based makers and suppliers.
Hope this gives you more ideas

Shunter46

Registered
3 Apr 2019
Best answers
Country flag
What are you wanting to control, track or battery locos? Have a look at Piko 35040 R/C Receiver with Pocket Remote G Scale - TopSlots n Trains > I have successfully used it on 2 layouts, you would have to supply your own transformer. They can also be used on battery operated locos. Another system for battery locos that is gaining popularity is from Locoremote, this a cost effective wi fi system operated via an I phone or Android phone, both uk based makers and suppliers.
Hope this gives you more ideas
Hi Crawford
Many thanks for the heads up. I will take a close look at TopSlots n Trains tomorrow.
Best
Don

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
LocoControl is basically a Deltang system. This is also marketed by RC Trains and Micron.

Not sure if this is the sort of system you're looking for but there are quite a few videos showing Deltang in action - eg

Rik