Crushing coal

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
the leg of an old blue jeans, closed with some string or wire.
dont fill it more than half, or you bust the cloth before the coal.
the other way (for bachelors) would be to put lumps into the electric coffee grinder.
it is really astonishing, what these things are able to crash.

try using charcoal. you will be astonished about the nice coal you get.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
korm kormsen said:
...........the other way (for bachelors) would be to put lumps into the electric coffee grinder.

Much favoured by pregnant women? :happy:

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
You lot should moan, everyday I see barges packed with the stuff heading upstream. Can I get one piddly little lump? Nope.
As for crushing coal I would go with the gentle approach to get some good nutty slack... :rofl: ...after all you want lumps, not powder.
Sorry Mel, but you did say Fred Drift might burst in
:D

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
I just thought, diamonds are only superheated highly compressed coal (carboniferous) so take your wifes engagment ring, a lump hammmer and a black spray can and bingo! Instant divorce :happy::happy::happy: :banghead:

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
pugwash said:
I just thought, diamonds are only superheated highly compressed coal (carboniferous) so take your wifes engagment ring, a lump hammmer and a black spray can and bingo! Instant divorce :happy::happy::happy: :banghead:
Did you mean
Instant divorce or Instant death?

In this case they would be synonymous. :banghead:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Try placing a lump of it in a vise that has metal jaws. That should eliminate the flying bits of coal.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
LGB, Aristo, Hornby etc. make some nice moulded stuff out of plastic - its great. :rofl::rofl::rofl::wave::confused:

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
KeithT said:
korm kormsen said:
...........the other way (for bachelors) would be to put lumps into the electric coffee grinder.

I read that as 'Much flavoured by pregnant women.' Where's my nearest Specsavers?

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Nodrog1826 said:
dragon said:
KeithT said:
korm kormsen said:
I read that as 'Much flavoured by pregnant women.' Where's my nearest Specsavers?
TRY
THE
HIGH
STREET
:rofl:

Thanks Nod.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Woderwick said:
Trust me, getting the small stuff is a lot easier.
And doesn't Mel live near the SVR? I'm sure a little baggy of the black stuff could be obtained from the dregs of their bunkers. Even if not it's an excuse to go to the railway :clap:

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
pugwash said:
Woderwick said:
And doesn't Mel live near the SVR? I'm sure a little baggy of the black stuff could be obtained from the dregs of their bunkers. Even if not it's an excuse to go to the railway :clap:
Waaaaaayyy ahead of you there Pugsworth, where do you think the coal that I've got came from? Only biggish lumps left though.

So, working on the excellent ideas from you guys - take said lumps of SVR coal, put a couple in one of wife's best gardening gloves (she's gone out), select largest available Birmingham spanner, and give said glove a good twotting!! Hey presto, a bowl full of 1/22nd scale lumps :D.

Hide now ruined glove, blame Fred, wedding anniversary coming up, present her with a brand new pair of gardening gloves ............... nobody losses :clap::clap::clap::clap:.
Except, maybe, Fred &:.

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
yb281 said:
pugwash said:
Woderwick said:
Waaaaaayyy ahead of you there Pugsworth, where do you think the coal that I've got came from? Only biggish lumps left though.

So, working on the excellent ideas from you guys - take said lumps of SVR coal, put a couple in one of wife's best gardening gloves (she's gone out), select largest available Birmingham spanner, and give said glove a good twotting!! Hey presto, a bowl full of 1/22nd scale lumps :D.

Hide now ruined glove, blame Fred, wedding anniversary coming up, present her with a brand new pair of gardening gloves ............... nobody losses :clap::clap::clap::clap:.
Except, maybe, Fred &:.

As usual.

pmorgan_cym

Registered
22 Apr 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Take coal, take unwanted newspaper (A whole one), put coal on newspaper, fold newspaper over to cover the coal. Bash folder over newspaper with hammer of choice, unfold newspaper.

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
For small quantities try using a granite mortar and pestle and grind it rather than belt it; stays in the bowl....

tramcar trev

22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
Best answers
ROSS said:
Stand on bank and wave something at them. You'll get lots of coal...or nicked:rofl:

I found pulling faces worked best as a kid, used to get heaps of coal thrown at me from passing trains....

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
yb281 said:
OK, thanks guys, some really good ideas.

So basically all that I need is some sort of bag/sock whatever and one of these .............

[

Should be pretty easy :D.
You know if she shaved ................................................................
04f1aa1aa91144e6a38b111278447f14.jpg

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
minimans said:
yb281 said:
OK, thanks guys, some really good ideas.

So basically all that I need is some sort of bag/sock whatever and one of these .............

[

Should be pretty easy :D.
You know if she shaved ................................................................
images

I don't think that shaving would help. Thankfully, the Tu-tu covers the small parts...

tramcar trev

22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
Best answers
e2757ab3930a448d8fb00fc4f42ce4a5.jpg
I think a Tu Tu is just so passe... a mankini is far more practical

Uh Oh My pic didn't post..... Ok how do I do it?
Ok sorted....