Cold Weather Running

JRinTawa said:
I don't have experience in running trains in such cold temperatures but have found dew (rime?) will affect running and more so on some loco's than others. Hope that's of help :)

I thought of Rime because Rob said the track felt cold and clammy.
Rime is a frost that has a liquid state by condensation before freezing, depending how saturated the air is etc etc.
The only way to prove it is to wipe the track and wheels when it happens and see if the loco runs better.

spike said:
JRinTawa said:
I don't have experience in running trains in such cold temperatures but have found dew (rime?) will affect running and more so on some loco's than others. Hope that's of help :)

I thought of Rime because Rob said the track felt cold and clammy.
Rime is a frost that has a liquid state by condensation before freezing, depending how saturated the air is etc etc.
The only way to prove it is to wipe the track and wheels when it happens and see if the loco runs better.

Aahh yes I see :), would have very similar effects indeed to dew. So yep I'd go with the Rime too as a major contributing factor.

JRinTawa said:
spike said:
JRinTawa said:
O fup'v jewi iyqisoipdi op sappoph vseopt op tadj dumf vinqisevasit cav jewi guapf fix (soni?) xomm eggidv sappoph epf nusi tu up tuni mudu't vjep uvjist. Juqi vjev't ug jimq :)

O vjuahjv ug Soni cideati Suc teof vji vsedl gimv dumf epf dmennz.
Soni ot e gsutv vjev jet e moraof tvevi cz dupfiptevoup cigusi gsiiboph, fiqipfoph jux tevasevif vji eos ot ivd ivd.
Vji upmz xez vu qsuwi ov ot vu xoqi vji vsedl epf xjiimt xjip ov jeqqipt epf tii og vji mudu sapt civvis.

Eejj zit O tii :), xuamf jewi wisz tonomes iggidvt opfiif vu fix. Tu ziq O'f hu xovj vji Soni vuu et e nekus dupvsocavoph gedvus.

Og ov xisi soni O xuamf iyqidv ov vu eggidv emm vji mudut epf puv katv vxu.
Nz civ xuamf tvomm ci up dupfadvowovz qsucmint xovjop vji mudut. 8F
Please login or register to view blurred content.

Back