Clerestory Glazing

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
I have used water slide decals to imitate leadlight glazing on tramcar windows but now Im trying to come up with a way to fix the hideous clerestory glazing on Bachmann cars.... Its dayglow pink.. Ive replaced it with bits of coloured plastic on some of my cars but I feel there is room for improvement... Im fiddling with multi coloured clear resin but not sure how to get the etched effect... I have made a mold and can make the strips of glazing any colour but I really want a row of different colours with an etched effect....

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I have used water slide decals to imitate leadlight glazing on tramcar windows but now Im trying to come up with a way to fix the hideous clerestory glazing on Bachmann cars.... Its dayglow pink.. Ive replaced it with bits of coloured plastic on some of my cars but I feel there is room for improvement... Im fiddling with multi coloured clear resin but not sure how to get the etched effect... I have made a mold and can make the strips of glazing any colour but I really want a row of different colours with an etched effect....

Hi Trev. Some time ago (when I thought I had plenty of spare time:rolleyes:), I came up with a way of replicating top lights and clerestory glazing. I had used A4 inkjet printable slide transparences (for the traditional overhead projector).

I designed some tram glazing in MS Word -

Tram toplights etc003.jpg
Sadly, I found that being retired, I didn't have that much 'me' time.

To get over the fact that it wasinkjet printed, I just laminated the results to protect from moisture (which also gave some strength and thickness).
C:\Users\SPIKE.MICHEAL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
Hi Trev. Some time ago (when I thought I had plenty of spare time:rolleyes:), I came up with a way of replicating top lights and clerestory glazing. I had used A4 inkjet printable slide transparences (for the traditional overhead projector).

I designed some tram glazing in MS Word -

View attachment 237301
Sadly, I found that being retired, I didn't have that much 'me' time.

To get over the fact that it wasinkjet printed, I just laminated the results to protect from moisture (which also gave some strength and thickness).
C:\Users\SPIKE.MICHEAL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
That looks good...I have a laser and OHP material... Might give it a try.