Cheapy gondolas now done.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
The bad weather over the weekend kept me inside,I was hoping to run some trains but to no avail so out came the paints again to weather up the two cars,as I said in a previous post I am quickly running out of dry rub lettering so after some thought why not revamp some old defunct railroads from from my modelling past,all were southwestern USA based so why not and then use up some of the unused lettering? So on these two I chose the Arizona Southern(AS)an old On3 layout from years ago,the same method of weathering as used on the high sided cars was used on these,a number of washes,varnish coat after weathering and lettering then a final fade back wash to tone everything in and fade back the lettering,I still have to finish the drop bottom car as I`m not to happy with it so far.As a footnote please excuse the length of the grass in the pics as the weather stopped me doing that too!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:LOW SIDE GONDOLAS 009.jpgLOW SIDE GONDOLAS 003.jpgLOW SIDE GONDOLAS 004.jpgLOW SIDE GONDOLAS 005.jpgLOW SIDE GONDOLAS 007.jpgLOW SIDE GONDOLAS 011.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Wow ! They look great !