Cardboard Van build with some MDF as well.

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Your couplers are Playmobil style - a hook at each end, as opposed to LGB style with one hook per vehicle. My fear about this is that uncoupling will be difficult or tedious. What's your experience with having to uncouple during an operating session?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Your couplers are Playmobil style - a hook at each end, as opposed to LGB style with one hook per vehicle. My fear about this is that uncoupling will be difficult or tedious. What's your experience with having to uncouple during an operating session?
All of my stock has hooks at both ends with none on the Locomotives. Locomotives loops are blocked down 20-30 thou with a piece of Plasticard in the grove. This is for reliability and it gives virtually zero uncoupling issues. I use very flat bone type table knifes as uncoupling Poles with no problems at all. I have never attempted to seriously do any auto uncoupling devices after all the real thing uses the human arm!

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Nice 'well worked' van you made there dunnyrail.
There is much admiration in a model hand made from household stuff that would otherwise get tossed in the bin. Something from nothing is almost a forgotten art form now a days. :clap:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant, it looks as if it's been on your tracks for years.