Cabride to Grasslands

Melbournesparks

Registered
30 Sep 2015
City of Eltham
Best answers
Country flag
So I've been horribly slack about updating the thread here lately. I'm lazy. In the meantime the line has been completed and commissioned all the way through to the new terminus of Grasslands, and I finally got around to videoing the entire trip. Come along for the ride!

Reactions: 9 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
So I've been horribly slack about updating the thread here lately. I'm lazy. In the meantime the line has been completed and commissioned all the way through to the new terminus of Grasslands, and I finally got around to videoing the entire trip. Come along for the ride!

Nature and man in harmony! Wonderful.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Marvellous, hopefully without upsetting too many builders of fantastic layouts on this forum, can I say that is my idea of a perfect garden railway?:clap::clap::clap::clap:...........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
That is one superb run through the Bush. What an empire and I bet it keeps you busy trimming all the growth back in line. Plus by the looks of things we have another Branch to explore as well.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Nice touch, having to stop for other traffic.. :):clap::clap:
Dare I ask how long the line is now?
Thanks.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Melbournesparks

Registered
30 Sep 2015
City of Eltham
Best answers
Country flag
That is one superb run through the Bush. What an empire and I bet it keeps you busy trimming all the growth back in line. Plus by the looks of things we have another Branch to explore as well.

Haha actually I tend to be pretty lazy about trimming vegetation, hence the rather... green appearance of the right of way in some places! The branch we can see there is not overly exciting, it's the old main line back to the depot. The line started life as a continuous loop and has only recently transitioned into more of a point to point operation. The old main line is still technically available for traffic, but infrequently used these days.

Nice touch, having to stop for other traffic.. :):clap::clap:
Dare I ask how long the line is now?
Thanks.

The ability to operate in true 'multiplayer' mode with other traffic was one of the design goals! The main line is just under 100m long now, or about 2.2 scale kilometers.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I think that one of your early Vids will have taken us on the other route then. I have marked up my line with Scale Km plus .10 posts and it is a real help for locating any problems when guests are Operating like ‘the point near the 1.4km post is not working’. Also a good reminder for me if I add any issue into my fault list to be fixed later, sometimes much later!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: