Cable between 55045 and computer

mmts

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Essex and you dont need your passport
Best answers
Country flag
Hi ive got a lgb programer thingy but there is no where to plug it in on the back of my computer.....
so if I unplug the supplied cable (with 2 rs232 plugs on it) and buy a cable with a rs232 on one end and a usb plug on the other end will it work or have I got to find a specific one from lgb
Cheers in advance

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
mmts said:
Hi ive got a lgb programer thingy but there is no where to plug it in on the back of my computer.....
so if I unplug the supplied cable (with 2 rs232 plugs on it) and buy a cable with a rs232 on one end and a usb plug on the other end will it work or have I got to find a specific one from lgb
Cheers in advance

You dont need the rip off LGB one (how on earth they justified those priced I dont know).

Maplins ZP43W should do the trick. What OS are you using? You may need to download additional drivers for Windows 7 or Vista.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mmts said:
Cheers in advance

I got one from Maplins. But like Muns says you have to down load drivers for it