Burning house of Vollmer - Smoke, fire effect, DCC decoder

MaximDeDonder

Registered
24 Apr 2018
Lokeren
Best answers
Country flag
This summer I finally finished my burning house project in G scale. The house is model 1280 of Vollmer. I bought it used for a low price, cause it's very rare to find.

I added many fire effects with matrix lamps and flickering leds. I also added a thick smoke generator using an e-cigarette and a continuous smoke generator using a water humidifier.

I can switch the smoke and light on and off using a selfmade DCC decoder with an ATTiny85.

Enjoy! And if you have questions, shoot!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
This summer I finally finished my burning house project in G scale. The house is model 1280 of Vollmer. I bought it used for a low price, cause it's very rare to find.

I added many fire effects with matrix lamps and flickering leds. I also added a thick smoke generator using an e-cigarette and a continuous smoke generator using a water humidifier.

I can switch the smoke and light on and off using a selfmade DCC decoder with an ATTiny85.

Enjoy! And if you have questions, shoot!

Even set up on the bench, the effect is quite frightening, on the dark, I was reaching for the extinguisher :clap: :clap: :clap:

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant. I can see a job for you in movie special effects. :)