dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Laid the ballast and gravel on the embankments, all that is left to do is put gravel across the creek bed area.
As I have a gravel train I'm considering putting in a siding for a gravel pit probably on the garden side.

View attachment 309789

View attachment 309788

View attachment 309787

View attachment 309793

View attachment 309794
Looking the real business now, it is often difficult to imagine how things will look when near to completion but clearly you had a good idea what you wanted to achieve and by the looks of things have made a great job of it. Often from adversity (sinking ground) comes triumph.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Looking the real business now, it is often difficult to imagine how things will look when near to completion but clearly you had a good idea what you wanted to achieve and by the looks of things have made a great job of it. Often from adversity (sinking ground) comes triumph.
Thank You.
I must admit I did need a kick along to start adding scenery so this was it, the lattice panel nearer the bridge has a slight sag in it as well so I will level up the track there in the future.
Adding the gravel pit siding might sting me into action there and seeing as it is heading towards the end of summer the weather may be more work in the yard friendly.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Looking really good, very impressed.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Laid the final bit of gravel this afternoon to complete the creek bed so I am calling "It's Finished!!!!!!!!!" :party::party::party::party::party:
The only thing left is to reconnect the points to the control servos but that requires new rods as they are at a new height.

Creek Bed finished.JPG

Creek Bed finished 1.JPG

Overall view looking down the layout
Embankments finished.JPG

Embankments finished 1.JPG

Reactions: 1 user