Bit of RC servo help please

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, i wanted a cheap pan & tilt camera holder that was RC controlled & picked up a very cheap transmitter & receiver from good old China for £14 & it works fine with the exception that the joystick is very sensitive with no adjustments. I basically want to slow the movement down.
Would a pot on the signal wire work & if so what size. Or any other suggestion. Thanks.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The control pot is probably 10k. - Value might well be printed on it?

I think I would fit a 100 ohm pot at either end of the control. This would give you 'trim' for either end, the stick would then have a move limited range, giving you finer control.

I would not go more than 10% of the original pots value. - You may also find the stick only operates the existing pot over part of its range.

PhilP

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The control pot is probably 10k. - Value might well be printed on it?

I think I would fit a 100 ohm pot at either end of the control. This would give you 'trim' for either end, the stick would then have a move limited range, giving you finer control.

I would not go more than 10% of the original pots value. - You may also find the stick only operates the existing pot over part of its range.

PhilP
Thanks Phil. What it was, the joystick has to be moved very gently & slowly. But with someone that gets the shakes at the best of times, its hard. I may also look at somthing to make the joystick longer.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Phil. What it was, the joystick has to be moved very gently & slowly. But with someone that gets the shakes at the best of times, its hard. I may also look at somthing to make the joystick longer.
Open the transmitter up, find the joystick pot and bring it out to the front panel, then put a knob on it.
I did that with my throttles I get very fine control.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Open the transmitter up, find the joystick pot and bring it out to the front panel, then put a knob on it.
I did that with my throttles I get very fine control.
That sounds like a solution, I have Fosworks Tx and Rx units for my Roundhouse locomotives. The difference a control knob makes is a big help.

Reactions: 1 user