Battery RC and sound (PWM)

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Today I fried by Brian jones class 37 sound card I was fitting to my 2095. It was user error. but I had it working long enough to realise it didn't properly behave with the cliff barker RC kit.

I am not interested in reproducing the prototypical but naff noise these make in real life. :D

Anyone got some ideas here for a replacement. I know there was a a similar thread but this is different as the speed control is PWM not analogue. the battery is 14.4v.

I have emailed cliff for his thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
PM sent Mel. Still need a solution so any thoughts people?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I'm in the process of installing one of Richard Rix's Trax Controls diesel sound cards in a battery conversion.

the sound is basic, but so is the price :rofl:

I've used one of his steam sounds before, and there's plenty of adjustment to get it just right.

They run off a separate 12v source (and it has to be separate) but it can be AAA.

:D:D

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
The MyLocoSound diesel soundcard works well with Cliff Barker's radio control. In fact, if you contact Cliff he can supply the soundcard and also a customised set of instructions for use with his system.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Ian,

Have a look at this site, http://ittproducts.com/
I have the "Diesel Helper" card in one of my trailing cars. I use it with my smaller diesel locos. As you know, I use the G Scale Graphics system, which also uses PWM. The sound works perfectly. George will make any sound card you want. All you need do is send him a recording. There is no extra charge for this service. He has specifics on the type of file you can send him. His email address is on his site.

MRail

16mm etc - Live steam, battery & trams
26 Oct 2009
Merseyside, U.K.
youtube.com.user.MadogMersey
Best answers
Country flag
CoggesRailway said:
Today I fried by Brian jones class 37 sound card I was fitting to my 2095. It was user error.
Apart from whether it's suitable etc, Brian Jones can often repair user damage.
It may be worth an enquiry, you can always sell it on if it's working.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi mr Cogges,
I did post a bit about using the Brian Jines Sound Card, in my 2095. I use the Aristo Train Engineer Revolution 2.4 Ghz kit. Superb quality of control with the rich 37 clatter etc. Only problem I had was the Horn Sound which cannot be driven direct from Brians Card by the Revolution. To sort this (after some consultation with Brian) I put in a small relay that is operetade by the Smoke Circuit from the Revolution and all is well. Will search for my thread and put the link in if you cannot find it yourself.
JonD

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Cogges,
Further to my earlier post, here is the link to my work on my Battery Conversion to my 2095.

Just a thought re your fryup of the Brian Jones Sound Card, may be worthwhile asking him if he can look at it. May be recverable.
JonD