Bachmann loco enquiry

24 Oct 2009
Rugby Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
BACHMANN SPECTRUM® 1:20.3 SCALE NARROW GAUGE 0-4-0 PORTER SIDE TANK - MIDWEST QUARRY (82597

does anyone know if the above loco will go round rad 1 lgb points and rad 2 curves please.I`m sure it will,but was unsure about it being "Spectrum"

Thanks for any help

Ade

GlenF

G Scale, LGB, British 16mm, Live steam and electri
24 Oct 2009
Michigan, USA
www.flickr.com
Best answers
I had one of the old trainset versions and it was a good runner, wish I'd never sold it. Recently bought one of the newer Spectrum versions and after maybe 3 or 4 hours runtime it started running rough and noisy. After taking it apart I noticed the gear on the axle had split. By this time the loco was out of warranty (it spent most of that first year packed away unused). And Bachmann don't sell the gear separately (I wrote and asked them). So quite a disappointment really, not sure what to do next.

Regarding R1 track, yes no problem. But it did bang rather roughly going through LGB R1 points, the small wheels tended to drop down into the gap around the frog. But considering it only had four wheels and no skates I always found the power pickup quite smooth, even through points. Shame about the gear.....

Glen