Bachman into LGB no problem!!!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
After messing about with the Rogers loco for a mate its time to get busy again on some of my jobs,two locos came into the rosta over xmas ,a LGB Mogul and a Sumper Mallet,both needing some slight attention,,,,problem no 1 is that I really dont like the Lgb engineer,i think too small an the pose just isnt right so set about changing a Bachman engineer to fit the mogul.I had a stainz driver (from my american stainz bash)sitting in the parts box for a donor,the problem with the mogul is there is no room between the cab side and the firebox,i had the same problem with the little LGB 2 4 0.I took a saw and sharp knife to both figures,cutting between the legs of the bachy and removed the left leg at about the coat line,then cut the LGB figure in the same way to use the left "standing" leg,then using plasticard to fill the gap in the bacy figure leg,glued the standing leg in place and then used model filler to smooth off an fill any gaps,a paint when dry,to finish off a bandana to stop the smuts!! :D :D :D :DThe new figure now stands/sits in the cab    no problem,seat to be made at later date when he is fitted in properly :happy:

engineer 001.JPG

engineer 002.JPG

engineer 004.JPG

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
A good modification. Looks the part.
Sumpter Mallet at Xmas - sounds excellent - pics please. :happy:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Alan,in pic 2 above the beastie is sitting in the box behind,needs slight cosmetic work,will post when done! :D :D :D :D

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I use Bachmann figures for engineers, in my LGB locos, also. It gives the loco more of a 1:20th feeling I believe.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes agree Dan,the LGB figure that comes with the locos is just toooo small,besides,i like my engineers to hang out of the cab window,just seems that little more lifelike? :) :)