AutoCAD track planning drawings

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Having tried free track planning software and found it frustrating, not being as accurate as I would like or having all the makes of track available, and having professional CAD software at work, I've started to draw CAD blocks for track sections of all available brass Code 332 track. So far I've just draw all the curves from the 9 makes I can think of, if you can think of anymore let me know. I've attached a pic of the curves.
116677_76fb585883897ca739789f752e1dbfa5.jpg

JimmyB

JimmyB

Phase 1 complete, roll on Phase 2
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Steve, looks quite comprehensive, take a look at this, it has all the track types for all G Scale suppliers:

Trax Editor

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Jimmy thanks, but having used CAD for work for 25 years I just find Trax, Anyrail and other similar programmes really annoying. They can produce pretty pictures but not great to construct from in larger scales or modify items.

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
How do we use these images Steve?

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
When I've competed them I'm happy to share for anyone for personal use. They will be DWG drawing blocks so if you have any CAD software that can accept DWG files they can be inserted. The radius is to the centre line, the solid lines being inner face of rail and outer face of sleepers. Basically you just need to rotate so that the end dashed lines of each track segment line up. I think even a lot of the cheaper CAD software packages can use DWG files or DXF which I could save them as.
If you don't use CAD I can provide a scaled PDF that you could trace off if that is any use. I've not shown the centre points of the circles but could should these if people would like a template to trace off.

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
I've not shown the tag labels I've put on each section so that you can tell what it is after insertion into the track plan.

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
I will do straights next which should not take long. After that I will do points and crossings which are a lot more complicated and I may need help with dimensions.