Aristorcraft Revolution Overload question

ChessieRR

Registered
6 May 2011
Best answers
I have an aristocraft revolution chipset hooked up to a battery powered gauge one steam engine. Occasionally when running the locomotive will stop and the remote flashes "ovrload" at the bottom of the screen. Just curious if this is a somewhat normal thing for these chips? I turn the loco off and on and the it works fine again. Also when it overloads and stops the sound still works. I did not install the chips myself, it was done by the maker.I remember reading, in a Garden Rail that some aristo locomotives like the Class 66 would blow a fuse under normal use, so wondering if this is something similar.

On a side note the sound of the chuff has degraded a bit and seems to skip a beat now and then.

Thank you.

-Adam

Del Tapparo

Registered
24 Nov 2009
Windsor, Colorado, USA
www.gscalegraphics.net
Best answers
Country flag
The Revo claims it can handle 5 amps, so either your motor(s) is drawing more than that or you have an installation problem. My guess is the third option: drawing less than 5 amps and the Revo is still tripping out.

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
i have revo chips in most of my large locos including Aristo Mikados, LGB mallets, all of which have sound, smoke etc and are all powered by 21.6v batteries. all often pull 15+ cars and ive never had a problem with overloading though one Mikado's sound has become out of time and erratic

Ian Powell

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Bedfont, Middlesex
www.freewebs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Not the same problem but I have encountered another Revo problem this week. I run battery powered Diesel, no problem. I also have one of the new Super base Receivers which powers my track when non battery locos are running. I noticed that when put into reverse, the link drops and then overloads, reset, OK, restart and it overloads.
I made inquiries on the Aristo Forum, similiar situation with one member.
I notified Aristo who asked for a return as it is still under warranty. One of the problems when buying outside this country. It will get there eventually as cheap as possible.