Aristocraft Basic Train Engineer (the orange one)

Wobbleboxer

Registered
27 Oct 2009
Northants, UK
Best answers
Country flag
It's been a long while since I posted on the forum (not that I was ever the most active).

I have been having a bit of a tidy and clear out and have found an Aristo Basic Train Engineer (the orange one) that I replaced with its bigger (black) brother before I mothballed my railway.

So, 2 questions, firstly, is there still a market for these, does anyone use or want one? And second, am I looking at eBay as the best chance of shifting it, if so, what's it worth?

If anyone is interested, drop me a note.

Thanks.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
So, 2 questions, firstly, is there still a market for these, does anyone use or want one? And second, am I looking at eBay as the best chance of shifting it, if so, what's it worth?

I think that is FIVE questions? :p;):giggle::giggle:

1. Is there a market? - Yes, but less than there was.
2. Does anyone use? - Some do.
3. Does anyone want? - Forum? Does anybody?
4. Am i looking at EvilBay? - No, you are on the GSS Forum :rofl:, but that would be one way to dispose of it. ;)
5. What is it worth? - If you put it up for auction, you will find the answer. If there is someone on the Forum with a soft-spot for them, you may well get an offer from here..
I would expect it would not make you rich? But would certainly cover your costs. A carefully worded description on EvilBay would possibly get you a better return? But I have seen them go for peanuts.

PhilP.

Wobbleboxer

Registered
27 Oct 2009
Northants, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Phil. OK, so it started off as 2 questions and I got carried away :cool:

I wasn't expecting to retire on the proceeds, but if anyone is interested, give me a shout. It includes the transformer plus hand set etc. and I can provide pics if required.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
I suppose the next thing is to set up a post in the private sales section here :) If you do not already have this bookmarked, TE Programming , it might be worth lifting some info from here so there is no confusion as to which model it is and its capabilities.

I bought a very clean and seemingly little used 10 channel 5470 RX/TX TE combo a year ago for £40 as a back up to my venerable, 15 year old, unit. Beware that there can be issues trying to match up differing TX's and RX's if the RX is a type that does not have the frequency scanning feature. Max

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The orange train engineer is crystal matched of the transmitter and receiver. the letter on the back tells the pairing. They use Citizens Band frequencies and are good for 2.5 amps max!!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
There were a number of these on sale, West Mids. GSS show today.. i only saw one marked-up with a price: £40.00

I thought this was a little high, as a new-purchase, but if you are into the technology and need a spare / replacement unit.. :think: