Aristo craft points

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
Dose anyone know the part number or size for a second radius right hand point.
Thanks Adam

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Dose anyone know the part number or size for a second radius right hand point.
Thanks Adam
Aristo did three point radii.

I'm not sure about the smallest (somewhere around 4ft from memory) the middle was 10ft radius, and the largest was #6 frog - in accordance with US practice, the larger turnouts are not true arcs of a circle as the frog is always straight and the number (#) describes the crossing angle.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
"smallest" one is a clone of the LGB R1 in terms of curvature, 4 foot diameter
next one is called "wide radius", again a switch that the diverging route is curved all the way through the switch, it is 10 foot diameter
next one is a copy of a prototype #6 switch, 1 in 6 diverging angle, not curved past the point of frog.

Greg

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
Speaking of R2, are there any reasonably priced R2 switches (points) available?
The only ones that I have come across are more expensive than Sprinter van parts.
---Hutch

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The only ones that I have come across are more expensive than Sprinter van parts.
---Hutch
Change your van ;);)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
---Hutch
Trainline, but as you might have found out, they don't come cheap!

I have a few on my line....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sell the van..

Buy the points..

:nerd::devil::nerd:

andyb

Photography; Industrial Archeology; Railways!
31 Dec 2009
Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
re 'Trainline, but as you might have found out, they don't come cheap!'

Is Trainline still available in this country? I bought some R2 and R3 a while back from Glendale Junction and have found that R3 is too big for my requirements, so could do with some more R2 if anyone has a source...

Cheers
Andy

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Sure, they are in Germany, and they have a postal system.... :)

seriously, you are asking if anyone in the UK stocks Trainline? Since I am in the USA, perhaps I am mistaken in that you all use the Euro, and it's easy to get stuff from other countries in Europe.

Greg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Sure, they are in Germany, and they have a postal system.... :)

seriously, you are asking if anyone in the UK stocks Trainline? Since I am in the USA, perhaps I am mistaken in that you all use the Euro, and it's easy to get stuff from other countries in Europe.

Greg
The Euro ? what's that ?

We still use good old British sterling here, chaps, and now that we have left the European Union, we'll be using the Great British pound for a good few years to come >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
perhaps I am mistaken in that you all use the Euro
;) That be fightin' talk Mister! ;) - A little like suggesting you use Canadian Dollars. :eek:

and it's easy to get stuff from other countries in Europe.
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll.............................................................
Theoretically, true.. But only until the end of the year... Then we are supposedly leaving the European Union, and they will be circling the wagons (lorries/trucks) in Dover and Calais! :eek:

<edit> There are also Countries on the land-mass you would consider Europe, which are not in the European Union, and do not even consider themselves 'European'. - Possibly, a little like some of the Southern States might not consider themselves part of The Union? (of is that an invention of Hollywood?).

Last edited:
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Ha ha!

So, I was figuring that not all train supply shops outside of the UK show prices in pounds, at least I usually find only Euros... that what I was trying to say.

And yes, I more meant the countries close enough that shipping was not at insane costs.

Greg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I more meant the countries close enough that shipping was not at insane costs.
I don't think there's any country close enough not to have insane shipping costs

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think there's any country close enough not to have insane shipping costs
That includes postal charges in U.K. as well.

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
After approximately $1,000 for the high pressure diesel injector pump and supporting special tools and accessories for the 2013 Sprinter, the price from Bertram Heyn for the R2 points doesn't sound so bad. If only the van didn't get 20+ miles per gallon pulling a light (3,000 pound) trailer I would get something newer. But this is one of the models that met the tighter German emission specifications for "city use", and that makes my daughter happy, whatever that means.
---Hutch