Aristo craft points

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It'll be on the box - hence my .............................. :mask:
Yeah-but, seeing as they are not a portion of the circumference of a circle, they do not have a 'radius'..

I was thinking more of how you identify the 'size' (sic) of the point..
I think the 'point-number' is the number of degrees, between the straight and diverging rails?? - So a lower number is a 'gentler' divergence from straight-through..

Trying to compare them with (say) LGB larger radius points, or working out 'roughly' what sort of radius/diameter would match-up, is my problem.

But I am guessing you would not tend to have a curve straight off a point, prototypically? :wondering::think:

PhilP.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah-but, seeing as they are not a portion of the circumference of a circle, they do not have a 'radius'..

I was thinking more of how you identify the 'size' (sic) of the point..
I think the 'point-number' is the number of degrees, between the straight and diverging rails?? - So a lower number is a 'gentler' divergence from straight-through..

Trying to compare them with (say) LGB larger radius points, or working out 'roughly' what sort of radius/diameter would match-up, is my problem.

But I am guessing you would not tend to have a curve straight off a point, prototypically? :wondering::think:

PhilP.
The first two Aristo points are radiused - 8ft and 10ft (diameters)

It's only the 'Large' radius, #6, that follows the US principles of the frog angle.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Well as you accurately pointed out in post #2, there are only 3 types.

There is a R1, the "wide radius" and the #6.

The number 6 has a long cast metal frog, and because the switch is so long, hard to confuse with any other USA type other than the USA Trains.
USAT is brass only and cast brass frog.
Aristo is cast chrome-like frog.

The Aristo WR has a curved diverging route, and plastic frog and plastic guard rails.

The Aristo R1 looks like the LGB (which it was copied from), I've never touched one (and don't want to)

There are several part numbers for the WR switch, what the OP asked about (I've included the R1 switches too)

Here's the R1 units

11200 right hand, euro style, brass, manual
11205 right hand, euro style, brass, remote
11210 left hand, euro style, brass, manual
11215 left hand, euro style, brass, remote

30300 right hand, usa style, brass, manual
30310 right hand, usa style, brass, remote
30350 left hand, usa style, brass, manual
30360 left hand, usa style, brass, remote

The WR (10' diameter)

30370 right hand, usa style, brass, manual
30380 left hand, usa style, brass manual