In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hello fellow G Scalers!

I have had time on my hands (Mom is in the hospital.) and I recently purchased 2 Aristo-Craft streamline dining diner cars. One arrived with a cracked lower side frame so I made a paper pattern of the side frame on graph paper and repaired it to match

The second dining car arrived MINUS 2 lower side frames and one cracked one! The cracked one was easy enough to fix. FYI. I knew that I was buying it missing one lower side frame but two? I don't have much luck locating some parts and I do not own a 3D printer. So I broke out the calipers, square and styreen plus a few bits of Aristo-Craft FA/FB-1 side frames that I had. I made graph paper patterns of each part, cut and filed everything to size and epoxied it together. Now have my two lower side frames. This is what they look like. The first one on top is the stock Aristo-Craft streamline lower side truck. The second is mine painted silver and the 3rd is a rough side frame without paint. On the car they pass the 5 foot rule and most people would never notice even from one foot. Yes, I know that they are not perfect but they are as functional as the original. Enjoy your trains and have a prosperous day!Strealine Passenger Truck Lower Sideframe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
They're great, or as a you're a teacher, A for the work & A for effort

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
They're great, or as a you're a teacher, A for the work & A for effort
Thanks Paul. I spent too much time on the 1st one but I learned a lot about working styreen sheets!

John Fedak

Registered
2 Dec 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Best answers
Country flag

Attachments

• Aristocraft-lower-spring-holder-for-ART-29117-truck.jpg
    Aristocraft-lower-spring-holder-for-ART-29117-truck.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0