Aristo-craft Alco FA/FB Set

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
These Diesel triplicate sets were released by Aristo-craft fifteen or so years ago now and in my opinion are still the icons of the period they represent. At 1/29 scale they suit my railway rather than the slightly larger versions which were released since by other makers.
I did originally have the Streamline Passenger cars in silver Santa Fe but for some reason that I now regret, traded them for something else which I wanted at the time.
Should anyone have or know anyone that has a few coaches they could let me have then I would be grateful if they could get in touch

Reactions: 8 users

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
It's called an ABA.

tac

Last edited:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
But it is an ABBA without a B..........ABA as in 'a-ba gum...trouble at mill'

Chris Wright

Rev-Up
7 Jun 2016
Cumbria, penrith
Best answers
I have three 1/32 MTH Santa Fe alloy ribbed coaches interior lights from track not battery with seated passengers installed, no damage, loop and knuckle connections original boxes and shipping, four months old. I am about to put the A unit like yours and the coaches up on ebay next week but the right offer for the coaches and I can split them. After the new Big Boy so something had to go!

seigezapf

Registered
28 Oct 2015
Southern Colorado
Best answers
Country flag
Nice. Those look to be in very good condition. The warbonnet paint scheme on those diesels is my favorite. It has the "flavor" of the American Southwest which is where I live.

seigezapf

Registered
28 Oct 2015
Southern Colorado
Best answers
Country flag
. . . except they exist in 1/29 scale thanks to Aristocraft (and some in other scales - e.g. Williams O scale). And they sure look nice to my eye.

Aristo also made U25B units in same "warbonnet" paint scheme, which I also like. While ATSF did have some U25B units, I believe they were actually all painted in the blue and yellow (pinstripe or freightbonnet) scheme (could be wrong).

Last edited:
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, and USA Trains made a GP7/9 in the red and silver warbonnet. I love the scheme (grew up on the Santa Fe, rode the train by myself at age 5, cab ride around age 7)... but like to run what they did.

Greg

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Aristocraft also made the SD45 in Santa Fe Warbonnet scheme - I have two different road number examples - beeeeyoooootiful models. However, my preference is for the 'war-pumpkin' BNSF scheme...

tac
OVGRS

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
True - when I was a lot younger I had a pencil case in warbonnet colours, and a key ring that looked like the wrap-round 'nose art'.

tac

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have three 1/32 MTH Santa Fe alloy ribbed coaches interior lights from track not battery with seated passengers installed, no damage, loop and knuckle connections original boxes and shipping, four months old. I am about to put the A unit like yours and the coaches up on ebay next week but the right offer for the coaches and I can split them. After the new Big Boy so something had to go!
Hi Chris, I was really looking for the matching Aristo ones but could be interested in the three.
Please text me 07789870110 Thanks

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Nah, those Santa Fe units would never have been seen at Waterloo :cool::cool::cool:

Indeed, AT&SF only ran close to the south of the State of Iowa..... Waterloo is in the middle. It was CNW, Rock Island, and Illinois Central served.

Last passenger service through there was IC's Trains 11&12, Hawkeye, that ran betwen Chicago and Sioux City (home base USA for me). Usually an E8 and 3-4 coaches. Amtrak didn't want that one.

Last edited: