Apple Tree Tram Mounting Brackets

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I have put this in "Product Review", though in reality it is to show what has just become available.

Tim Gleed-Owen of Apple Tree looked at the issue I have of being able to mount his motor/gearbox without outside hubs and this is what he has produced:

Apple Tree Bracket-1.jpg Apple Tree Bracket-2.jpgApple Tree Bracket-3.jpg Apple Tree Bracket-4.jpg

• Wheels/Axles: These are slaters from the G1 (10mm) range with 1/8” ends and 3/16” axles.
    • End of the axles can cut off flush with the wheels.
    • Any axles set from the wagon/coach range will fit.
  • Hangers: Axle centre height from the base is 21mm
    • The height can obviously be increased by packing under the bracket but is the minimum centre height.
  • Price: Each bracket with fittings is £8. As per photos that's the brass tube with axle stand and fasteners with gearbox stand (motor/gearbox not included)
Note: I have no connection with the business, just very happy with the supplier help and assistance.

For further information please contact Tim on appletreerailway@icloud.com

Moderators I hope this not fall outside the scope of permitted posting, just trying to assist anybody who has had similar issues to myself in tram building.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have put this in "Product Review", though in reality it is to show what has just become available.

Tim Gleed-Owen of Apple Tree looked at the issue I have of being able to mount his motor/gearbox without outside hubs and this is what he has produced:

View attachment 294649 View attachment 294650View attachment 294651 View attachment 294652

• Wheels/Axles: These are slaters from the G1 (10mm) range with 1/8” ends and 3/16” axles.
    • End of the axles can cut off flush with the wheels.
    • Any axles set from the wagon/coach range will fit.
  • Hangers: Axle centre height from the base is 21mm
    • The height can obviously be increased by packing under the bracket but is the minimum centre height.
  • Price: Each bracket with fittings is £8. As per photos that's the brass tube with axle stand and fasteners with gearbox stand (motor/gearbox not included)
Note: I have no connection with the business, just very happy with the supplier help and assistance.

For further information please contact Tim on appletreerailway@icloud.com

Moderators I hope this not fall outside the scope of permitted posting, just trying to assist anybody who has had similar issues to myself in tram building.
That looks to be a great solution for a tram, I presume the bracket price is on top of the motor unit price. He does not appear to have a webb site so far as I can see just a presence on facebook.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
That looks to be a great solution for a tram, I presume the bracket price is on top of the motor unit price. He does not appear to have a webb site so far as I can see just a presence on facebook.
Yes the bracket price is excluding motor/gearbox, and yes just a FB presence.

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I've fitted these motors to my trams and my Stephenson's Rocket. They run very smoothly, and this new bracket will make fitting them even simpler. The 12V motor runs very well from an 11.1V lithium battery pack, with even a very cheap ESC. The momentum from the overrun makes them a very smooth performer when starting up or slowing down and noise is very low.

An excellent solution for trams, locos and railcars.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I e-mailed him an enquiry and received a reply a couple of hours later with his suggestion for a suitable product and pdf catalogues attached. I have not yet ordered anything as I'm at the planning stage...

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Apple Tree Railway now have a website.

John
Thanks very useful, though they do not quote prices sadly. Perhaps those that have got things could tell us, accepting that prices change at least we would have a ballpark idea.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks very useful, though they do not quote prices sadly. Perhaps those that have got things could tell us, accepting that prices change at least we would have a ballpark idea.
Drop-down menu, top-right..
There is a link to "Prices". :)

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Brill guys, must look around a bit more! Prices do not appear excessive.