Another Pway Trolley, this time a PippaPig Bash with a little Newquid and LGB thrown in.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
What a great little project ! Congratulations on your workmanship !

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
What a great little project ! Congratulations on your workmanship !
Thanks Dan I hope that it gives inspiration for looking at Toys that are near enough the right scale/size and prompting others to say “hm what could I make out of that”? This nearly never happened as I had been looking at Peppa Pig and resisting the temptation, a good cheep deal at a local shop beat my resistance down and it has been sat in a box for over a year or so waiting for something to occur.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
What a great example of model building. I really love the fine detailing. When I saw the driver on his back, I thought he was going to become the dossing workman. Maybe another seated figure could adapted somehow?

Rik

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
What a great example of model building. I really love the fine detailing. When I saw the driver on his back, I thought he was going to become the dossing workman. Maybe another seated figure could adapted somehow?

Rik
No problem adjusting a figure with some possible life threatening surgery, just no space left after all the other carp stuffed into the back wagon part. Oh on the Gas bottle bit I forgot to mention that the bottom had been chopped off.

I have now done a rudimentary set of cab controls using circles of Plasticard, I have one of those DIY hole makers but a Paper Punch will work just as well on thin plasticard. Blobs sundry coloured paint to represent buttons are just cocktail stick fine point blobs. The Gas Tanks has now been glued in place after some bits of Hips cut and wedged in the open bottom to give more glue purchase when fitted. That old bit of straw with the bend is reckoned to be the Exhaust Pipe. It sits below a piece of White Metal Moulding from something or other stuck on the roof to represent a Radiator. There is a small piece of wood stuck to the workbench that it sits on.
DE5BA924-F87E-4718-8912-BBF4E5EC19C5.jpeg
Pretty well completed now but some more weathering needd to complement that already added to the base. The thicker bits where the Numbers are at ypthe rear if the cab are thicker bits of plasticard to suggest external doors to storage cabinets below the workbench. These have been fitted both sides with a silver painted handle and odd bits of plasticard to represent hinges. Note the 4 tools neatly stored in bits of pipe behind the ballast bin.
31007830-7E78-4870-A805-4BE304953FAE.jpeg

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Since the last post I have now done the final few jobs so I consider Peppa finished. Some more weathering was carried out to the top and as I wanted this to be able to move the odd wagon about as required sosome kind of coupling system was needed. I remembered a piece of Plastic Playmobil coupling in my plasticard off cuts and sure enough it had a lip on the bottom ideal for catching an LGB hook. I found another in my parts box, how these 2 white bits got separated is a mystery but they have done the job. A few off cuts to strengthen the glued joint and a bit cut out to allow the hook to attach and that was that fitted. All that was the required was some Matt Black to hide the whiteness of the parts. So Pappa Pig meets Playmobil meets IP Engineering meets Deltang meets scratch building parts. A lot of disciplines in there.
F7164840-B0BA-4B94-8DD3-1FE403ABD165.jpeg
Showing the strengthening plasticard off cuts plus the lip that catches the hook better.
73FEB843-7FE1-485F-B5CB-4F7B073BAA4B.jpeg
Then out on the line for some tests. Runs sweet if a little fast at full throttle, but all in the hands of the driver.
21C55C6B-F473-40B0-9F6D-14835E970768.jpeg
At the junk yard in Silberhutte, no doubt the Pway Gang have contributed with all the rubbish kicking around. Oh and some brilliants on the light fitting, look good when the sun catches them.
8C8F019D-A66C-4C4D-83A3-67B4A3536BBE.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Nice, JonD - I'm sure it will become known to your track staff as "The Pig" (Das Schwein...?). :D

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user