ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
It's seeing threads like this that make me feel maybe I should dig out My G stuff and get going again. Very inspiring !!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It's seeing threads like this that make me feel maybe I should dig out My G stuff and get going again. Very inspiring !!

Go on!
You know you want to!!
;):devil::devil::devil::giggle:

Reactions: 1 user

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Go on!
You know you want to!!
;):devil::devil::devil::giggle:

Yes I do, but I don't know if I can be bothered with an outdoor line again. I took up the last one as it wasn't being used. I'm not really "outdoors-y". What I really want to do now is something modular and portable that could go to the occasional exhibition, but haven't really got storage space. I have some ideas in my mind. hmmm......

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes I do, but I don't know if I can be bothered with an outdoor line again. I took up the last one as it wasn't being used. I'm not really "outdoors-y". What I really want to do now is something modular and portable that could go to the occasional exhibition, but haven't really got storage space. I have some ideas in my mind. hmmm......[/QUO
Now a small shunting set up would`nt take up much room,,,,now would it,,,,you know it would`nt,,,you know you want to as Phil P already said so,I`m just agreeing:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:;);););):giggle::giggle:

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
As for the loco,excellent build,just caught up with the thread,really looks the part:cool:

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Happy to oblige Dan
Not sure a model is ever really 'finished' - I keep thinking of more I can add (eg number transfers on the buffer beams, a bit of light weathering, toolbox on the running plate, etc) - but here she is now I've done a bit more titivating. I decided to remove the valve gear - I think it now makes her look a bit more UKish. Mind you, she now has a passing resemblance from some angles to the WLLR Beyer Peacocks - anyone got any spare Walschaerts valve gear>
View attachment 221300 View attachment 221301
View attachment 221302 View attachment 221303

If you want to see Wot I Dun in every sordid detail - I've blogged the conversion here - https://riksrailway.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/how-i-anglicised-lgb-stainz-loco.html

Rik

PS - Thanks to one and all for your kind comments and encouragement.

Rik,
Just looked at the build blog that is inspiring.

One question what do you use to create your wiring schematic/block drawings, I am looking for something to do drawings.

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Great bash. Love it...

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rik,
Just looked at the build blog that is inspiring.
One question what do you use to create your wiring schematic/block drawings, I am looking for something to do drawings.
Thanks - I use nothing more complicated than Powerpoint. You can export an individual slide as an image (Save As ..... (other format) ) - I tend to use .png images for blog posts

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
She has now taken part in her first full operating session.

Rik

Reactions: 2 users

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent Rik.... and the video shows your fine layout to its best. :):)

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Superb!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Love your line and the fact that you are running to a Timetable. Small question, why are Loaded Coal Wagons travelling both ways? You have the Ore Train Loading and Empty. I just wonder what is occuring. Have to say for me I find it essential that loads are removable to simulate Coal Loads out Empties return, same with other types of loads. Sorry to rain on your super parade. Or perhaps there is a Gas Works at one end of the line and the Loaded Coal out is for creating the Gas, return ones could be Coke of course? Which would then give the opportuninty for some Tar Wagons as well to the Junction.
JonD

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Love your line and the fact that you are running to a Timetable. Small question, why are Loaded Coal Wagons travelling both ways? You have the Ore Train Loading and Empty. I just wonder what is occuring. Have to say for me I find it essential that loads are removable to simulate Coal Loads out Empties return, same with other types of loads. Sorry to rain on your super parade. Or perhaps there is a Gas Works at one end of the line and the Loaded Coal out is for creating the Gas, return ones could be Coke of course? Which would then give the opportuninty for some Tar Wagons as well to the Junction.
JonD
Hi Jon
Most of my wagons have removable loads - not just the coal opens. I actually did remove a couple of the coal loads for the final shot of the late mixed (see 9m52s -
) - you're right though, I should have removed the others for authenticity (and to appease the eagle-eyed such as your good self ... :nerd: ;) )

I like the idea of a gas works. To make life interesting I could locate it somewhere along the line, though in reality it would be better sited in a larger community. There was one at Tarporley many years ago (on the site of the present petrol station) - but I suppose I could decide any of the villages en route could have been developed into a small conurbation.

Rik