Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. Just a heads up for those not in the know. Accucraft UK and Argyle Loco in Australia will be producing a Cranmore Peckett 0-4-0ST locomotive as used at Puffing Billy in Australia. 'Sir John Grice' is an ex Melbourne Metropolitan Gas Co. locomotive, Victoria Australia.
It will be available in a selection of colours, 32~45mm gauge adjustable and will be made on a pre-order basis. I suspect your local Accucraft dealer in the UK will have them available.
Below are some links from Argyle Locomotive, Australia. I just gotta have one! :nod:

Argyle Loco - Cranmore Peckett 0-4-0ST
Accucraft/Argyle Cranmore Peckett 0-4-0ST Product Sheet

Peckett-3-WS.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Looks great and Ideal for small layouts. £1600 doesn't sound too expensive, but what the cost will be after import duties are added, who knows?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Think the Accy green is much nicer than the puss colored green in the vid. Lovely little beast.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Paul, I'm not really sure who is instigating the production of the model but Accucraft UK anticipated UK RRP is £1595.00.
Some more links below.

‘CRANMORE’ Peckett 0-4-0ST | Accucraft UK Ltd
ACCUCRAFT UK | Live Steam Station
Locomotive Fleet - Puffing Billy

You're probably right Jon but for myself I'd have to go with the same light green 'Sir John Grice' as running on Puffing Billy.
The 'Sir john Grice' Peckett currently wears a fibreglass costume of 'Thomas' at the Puffing Billy “Thomas the Tank Engine” shows at Gembrook Station.
I've seen Thomas stop at the pub several times now (Clematis station is at the rear). :giggle: The wood pile in the video @ 7:19 is adjacent to Clematis station.

Last edited:

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I ordered a lined blue one as soon as I found out that they were going to be produced. I have wanted a Cranmore Peckett for a number of years. Missed many chances to buy one in the past.
Charles M

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
My lined blue one arrived yesterday. They are a little jewel! The details on this one won't disappoint you. The storage boxes on the deck open, the smokebox front used a magnetic catch to hold it closed. Very close quarters in the cab. Unit has water glass with a blown down on the left side of the engine. Gas tank tucked into the right side of the cab. It is too cold to run outside now but did try it on compressed air after oiling around the model. I started with 20 lbs. from the compressor, and it started right up. Runs very well both forward and reverse with a nice little chuff. It should be a good runner on steam as it throttled right down on air to just a tick over. Mine is #008.
Merry Christmas to me. :)

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My lined blue one arrived yesterday. They are a little jewel! The details on this one won't disappoint you. The storage boxes on the deck open, the smokebox front used a magnetic catch to hold it closed. Very close quarters in the cab. Unit has water glass with a blown down on the left side of the engine. Gas tank tucked into the right side of the cab. It is too cold to run outside now but did try it on compressed air after oiling around the model. I started with 20 lbs. from the compressor, and it started right up. Runs very well both forward and reverse with a nice little chuff. It should be a good runner on steam as it throttled right down on air to just a tick over. Mine is #008.
Merry Christmas to me. :)

Uh, video?

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Tac,
Right now, my club layout is under six inches of snow. I am going to have to be patient and wait till it melts off before running this one. With the Peckett's little boiler I would imagine it will need to be a warmer weather locomotive. In Colorado that might be July. I hope it is sooner than that, however.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I'm jealous without even seeing it!