Abberton Valley Railway.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
An overview of the layout.image.jpeg Jet and Freda with a short goods.image.jpeg Ulverscroft stopping at Abberton West Station.image.jpeg Katie waiting for her turn.image.jpeg Ulverscroft passing Abberton Engine Shed.image.jpeg Today I had the privilege of visiting Abberton Vally Railway and running the first live steam train. The railway has been built over the summer by a good friend of mine and only a "Little John" had been run on the tracks to test out gradients and track geometry. All the track and points are Peco, the station buildings and signal box are scratch built.

Reactions: 4 users

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
What a neat little layout. Are the curves comparable to LGB R1?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your visit with us. It's quite a cunning layout.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
The end of the running session.image.jpeg After a good afternoon of running trains everything was packed away. The intention of the owner is to put lighting in the buildings and have them permanently in place.

Reactions: 2 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Graham enjoying the warmth.image.jpeg Little John with a small freight train.image.jpeg image.jpeg Katie getting up steam.image.jpeg Logs blazing away to keep us warm.image.jpeg Another running session took place today. We ran from 1300 hrs until 1730 hrs. It was cold and damp but we had a great time.

Reactions: 3 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
image.jpg Good evening folks, we are just finishing running at the Abberton Valley Railway. It's been a cold and dry afternoon. Last two locomotives on the railway, everything else has been packed away. I will post some pictures of the running session when I get home.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Brrrrr!
I hope you were wrapped-up well Casey? - Even if you were running live-steam..

Reactions: 1 user

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
image.jpeg The fire to keep us warm.image.jpeg Ulverscroft in full spate.image.jpeg Jet and Europa on shed.image.jpeg Katie with a full head of steam.image.jpeg Andy in control of Katie.image.jpegThe burning embers at the end of the running session.

Reactions: 3 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Andy preparing Katie prior to her first run.image.jpeg image.jpeg After running all day at the CFR we adjourned to the Abberton Valley Railway for an evening running session.

TheGlenhillsRailway

Registered
7 Jan 2018
leicester
Best answers
Country flag
An overview of the layout.View attachment 228586 Jet and Freda with a short goods.View attachment 228590 Ulverscroft stopping at Abberton West Station.View attachment 228592 Katie waiting for her turn.View attachment 228593 Ulverscroft passing Abberton Engine Shed.View attachment 228594 Today I had the privilege of visiting Abberton Vally Railway and running the first live steam train. The railway has been built over the summer by a good friend of mine and only a "Little John" had been run on the tracks to test out gradients and track geometry. All the track and points are Peco, the station buildings and signal box are scratch built.

very good pictures