A True Mind bender

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Watch this video. Is your brain being tested to it's limit. Some of us may get to that point sooner than others.....:rofl:.....

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
There was another link to that pizza (or meatball?) layout posted on here a few days ago - and that really screwed up one's perspectives as the videoing was another art form in itself!

I wonder what gauge it is? It really is a very clever layout. Must be magnetic - I thought of T gauge but maybe it's bigger. Is there any info out there on the build?

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
There is only this, in the Youtube description;

"Published on Jun 18, 2011
As for this, it was done inspire by a mysterious picture of M.C.Escher
It is a model."

No one has commented on it on Youtube. Well, I just did.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
True, but scroll down the bottom of the page and look at the underside of the green tram and there apears to be a magnet in the middle:
http://www.ecodacs2.nerima.tokyo.jp/rehsi/essya-ensenhuukei.html
note that the picture of the pink tram alo has something there but it looks like a button battery.
Now, compare the dates of the Japanese pizza and the Busch, quite a difference.
I remember my Hornby locos having 'magnadhesion' but I can't see a Brush 4 doing that! :eek:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I had a reply from the publisher of the video.

"This gaege is 9mm.(figures size 1/87) This is powerd from rails. I maid this model. Sorry,I can understand English very very little."

Reactions: 1 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I had a reply from the publisher of the video.

"This gaege is 9mm.(figures size 1/87) This is powerd from rails. I maid this model. Sorry,I can understand English very very little."

A result! I could go on asking further questions (but I'll refrain:))..

Busch make a NG System that runs on Z gauge Track. The Locomotives have strong magnets to help with pickup and are even capable of climbing vertical walls. Possible that this system was used in the creation of this Piza. See the following link:-

http://www.pecopublications.co.uk/New-ready-to-run-Narrow-Gauge-on-Z-gauge-track.html

JonD

That's interesting and something I didn't know was in their portfolio!

Just imagine being able to translate that climbing ability into G scale (or 1' to 12").

True, but scroll down the bottom of the page and look at the underside of the green tram and there apears to be a magnet in the middle:
http://www.ecodacs2.nerima.tokyo.jp/rehsi/essya-ensenhuukei.html
note that the picture of the pink tram alo has something there but it looks like a button battery.
Now, compare the dates of the Japanese pizza and the Busch, quite a difference.
I remember my Hornby locos having 'magnadhesion' but I can't see a Brush 4 doing that! :eek:

Fascinating stuff. You could have a display in a picture frame hung on the wall!

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Gavin. By looking at the website of Koike Noriyuki, one can see how he uses magnets and a cog to keep his trams on the track. Very interesting, but this brain needs alot of looking to get penetration.