A small tram layout

borsig1963

Registered
26 Oct 2016
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
Here the map of the layout, as you can see not so large… btw I need a place to run my tram, so it’s enough

fta_schema.jpg

This is a pic of the corner with most advanced worw (I’ll add details in a second moment…).
The white tram loco is built starting from an LGB classic tram

xIMG_3846.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

van5

Talyllyn Railway. I of M, Old Land Rovers
24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
It looks super to me.You are very lucky to have it indoors. I had a fine layout at the bottom of my garden built on marine ply raised from the ground but it is now unusable as the ply has de-laminated.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Nice layout. Would it not be useful to have a passing loop? You could easily modify one of the sidings to achieve that.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Here the map of the layout, as you can see not so large… btw I need a place to run my tram, so it’s enough

fta_schema.jpg

This is a pic of the corner with most advanced worw (I’ll add details in a second moment…).
The white tram loco is built starting from an LGB classic tram

xIMG_3846.JPG
Looks great - what is the detail in the bottom right hand corner of the layout please?

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Great. I would like to see your trams a bit closer, please.

Peter

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I really like that Paolo?

Catenary too!

Nice work my friend....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice little layout with a good start. I am however a bit confused with the Depot Layout. Till I saw the Picture I thought that the X crossover would be a Double Slip. But not so, how do cars drive onto the layout from the left hand Depot Track? Unless there is a bit of a revision in your mind. Nice piece of work though.
JonD

Melbournesparks

Registered
30 Sep 2015
City of Eltham
Best answers
Country flag
Nice, always good to see more tramway layouts! Do you run from overhead power as well?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Looks great - what is the detail in the bottom right hand corner of the layout please?

Looks as if it might be a planned link to the line from the tram shed which would allow continuous running.

borsig1963

Registered
26 Oct 2016
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
no loops

it's a tunnel, I'm building a structure over it, not sure whath to put on it (may be a small station, so I need a stair to get the track floor...), few pics next weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
no loops

it's a tunnel, I'm building a structure over it, not sure whath to put on it (may be a small station, so I need a stair to get the track floor...), few pics next weeks.

Now that's a cunning idea, a station on top of the tunnel.

borsig1963

Registered
26 Oct 2016
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice little layout with a good start. I am however a bit confused with the Depot Layout. Till I saw the Picture I thought that the X crossover would be a Double Slip. But not so, how do cars drive onto the layout from the left hand Depot Track? Unless there is a bit of a revision in your mind. Nice piece of work though.
JonD

yes it is a simple cross, I don't need link because the first track of the shed is the planning one for dcc central: using simple cross it is isolated from the layout...

borsig1963

Registered
26 Oct 2016
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
Nice layout. Would it not be useful to have a passing loop? You could easily modify one of the sidings to achieve that.

mmmh I don't put passing loop because I need track for parking rolling stock, I prefer look at my modesl than run it, so a simple circle is enough; btw, if I could run in more space, it should be different ;)

Andrew B. Middleton

Registered
22 Jun 2016
Beechworth VIC 3747
Best answers
Have seen a similar track layout for a Depot exit and entry, but in 1:48 scale. That layout was in a corner of a garage, with powered overhead and current return via the rails. DC and sections only. Looks very good so far! Look forward to seeing some more photos as you progress with the layout.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
mmmh I don't put passing loop because I need track for parking rolling stock, I prefer look at my modesl than run it, so a simple circle is enough; btw, if I could run in more space, it should be different ;)
I was thinking of the siding at the top of the layout diagram, if you could connect the right hand end to the running track you could still use it as a siding of the same length but with the advantage that you could enter the siding from either direction or (perhaps in the future) use it as a passing loop. Just a suggestion. Have fun! :)

borsig1963

Registered
26 Oct 2016
Italy
Best answers
Country flag
I was thinking of the siding at the top of the layout diagram, if you could connect the right hand end to the running track you could still use it as a siding of the same length but with the advantage that you could enter the siding from either direction or (perhaps in the future) use it as a passing loop. Just a suggestion. Have fun! :)

too late to modify, I put the LGB platform (50340): I begun the project in a very busy period, may be in a more quite one I could think at something better for model running ;)

here:
fta_notturno04.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users