A shunter’s truck - The Chariot.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
When I was converting Denny the Hudswell diesel to battery power, I thought I’d need a trailing wagon for the battery So got a Swift Sixteen tool wagon to use. In fact I got the battery inside the diesel so decided to convert the tool wagon into a GWR style shunter’s truck that could be used by any loco. Here’s Number 6 ‘Denny’ with the chariot pottering around Farnham Common yard this evening.
View media item 4719
View media item 4718

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Very nicely done, and shows up well in the crisp photos. Is it fitted with one of the new Swift Sixteen chopper couplings?

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Very nicely done, and shows up well in the crisp photos. Is it fitted with one of the new Swift Sixteen chopper couplings?
Yes, they’re Swift Sixteen choppers. I’ve had them a while though. They’re nice but don’t really match with Accucraft choppers. They also won’t go ‘hook to hook’ so you need pretty level track. They do look the part though.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, they’re Swift Sixteen choppers. I’ve had them a while though. They’re nice but don’t really match with Accucraft choppers. They also won’t go ‘hook to hook’ so you need pretty level track. They do look the part though.
That's useful to know. Accucraft round-head chopper couplings have been impossible to buy for a few months, but now, suddenly, everyone has them. Presumably a container has arrived from the factory.