A Ford truck as a job out of the rain.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
As the weather won`t let me get outside and a little thing of work getting in the way as it always seems to be in the dry days I have to go,,I digress,I picked up a couple of kits to keep me occupied,Ford C 600 stake bed truck and a `40 Ford Sedan delivery van and plan to use them outside on the railroad,The truck I have started and as always with me it`s changed from the box,I have found that chrome work on models outside doesn`t stand up to weather too well so this one being de chromed so more of a work truck,I plan to weather it anyway,the kit comes with two Coke vending machines so they will be put to good use when I get them built as thinking of putting one in each depot to keep the customers happy,the kit also comes with a large crate and 5 oil drums,I think there are a few versions of the model and if I am correct its a re issue from the `70`s(OR EARLIER),so a couple of pics on progress so far.IMG_20210516_043254.jpgIMG_20210516_042831.jpgIMG_20210516_042844.jpgIMG_20210516_042921.jpgIMG_20210516_043002.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
As the weather won`t let me get outside and a little thing of work getting in the way as it always seems to be in the dry days I have to go,,I digress,I picked up a couple of kits to keep me occupied,Ford C 600 stake bed truck and a `40 Ford Sedan delivery van and plan to use them outside on the railroad,The truck I have started and as always with me it`s changed from the box,I have found that chrome work on models outside doesn`t stand up to weather too well so this one being de chromed so more of a work truck,I plan to weather it anyway,the kit comes with two Coke vending machines so they will be put to good use when I get them built as thinking of putting one in each depot to keep the customers happy,the kit also comes with a large crate and 5 oil drums,I think there are a few versions of the model and if I am correct its a re issue from the `70`s(OR EARLIER),so a couple of pics on progress so far.View attachment 285108View attachment 285109View attachment 285110View attachment 285111View attachment 285112

Nice detailing and treatment of same! Looks to be a great kit.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
1/25 scale I believe. I couldn't believe the price for a plastic kit though. :eek:
Coming along nicely. Looks better without chrome. Oily and rusty much better. :nod:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
! wondered for a minute if you were going to convert it into some sort of rail truck >:)>:)>:)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As the weather won`t let me get outside and a little thing of work getting in the way as it always seems to be in the dry days I have to go,,I digress,I picked up a couple of kits to keep me occupied,Ford C 600 stake bed truck and a `40 Ford Sedan delivery van and plan to use them outside on the railroad,The truck I have started and as always with me it`s changed from the box,I have found that chrome work on models outside doesn`t stand up to weather too well so this one being de chromed so more of a work truck,I plan to weather it anyway,the kit comes with two Coke vending machines so they will be put to good use when I get them built as thinking of putting one in each depot to keep the customers happy,the kit also comes with a large crate and 5 oil drums,I think there are a few versions of the model and if I am correct its a re issue from the `70`s(OR EARLIER),so a couple of pics on progress so far.View attachment 285108View attachment 285109View attachment 285110View attachment 285111View attachment 285112
Yuk Coke to keep the customers happy! A beer vending machine would be a better bet.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
! wondered for a minute if you were going to convert it into some sort of rail truck >:)>:)>:)
I assumed it was a rail maintenance vehicle, isn't Coca-Cola the stuff they use to clean the rails with?

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Didn`t cross my mind Ian,truth is some of the older cars and trucks have been out there since `14 and to be honest have seen better days,may even stack `em up and start a wrecking yard?;)

Last edited:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yuk Coke to keep the customers happy! A beer vending machine would be a better bet.
Good idea Jon but have you taken into consideration the state drinking laws and the age of 21? The local youth would find it quite soon situated in the local train depot:party:,,,,,,,,so the Cola vending machines will have to do!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
1/25 scale I believe. I couldn't believe the price for a plastic kit though. :eek:
Coming along nicely. Looks better without chrome. Oily and rusty much better. :nod:
Yes,1:25,as for the price,more than £20 difference on e bay sites,mine came from a shop though,another kit now ordered to arrive,a 1;25 `59 Chrysler Imperial by AMT,a real cruiser!!!!!!!!!!!IMG_20210517_195023.jpg

Last edited:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
The little truck almost done,one more modelling job to do to finish,I don`t like the air horns in the kit so a Mighty Moe loco item to be modified to fit on the roof,a couple of changes had to be made to suit a life outside on the railroad,the stake sides on the bed were very flimsy so a little styrene rod added to the gaps to strengthen them up and the rear lights had a new bar made up also from styrene rod making it more suitable and heavier,they would have be fine if just a display model,the drums and crate came with the kit so used them and the Coke vending machines turned out quite well too,Last pic is the next kit on the list to do.;)IMG_20210522_080952.jpgIMG_20210522_080806.jpgIMG_20210522_080938.jpgIMG_20210522_081019.jpgIMG_20210522_082143.jpgIMG_20210522_075619.jpg

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Good idea Jon but have you taken into consideration the state drinking laws and the age of 21? The local youth would find it quite soon situated in the local train depot:party:,,,,,,,,so the Cola vending machines will have to do!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Back in the day the coke machine, in the sergeants mess, had 2 buttons that were not labelled but dispensed VB and XXXX beers.
Of course you had to be a sergeant or above to be able to access it, as the lower ranks were not to be trusted to have alcohol till after the working day was done.
Only senior ranks were considered responsible enough to manage their drinking habits, it was known as RHIP (Rank Has It's Privileges).

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Didn`t cross my mind Ian,truth is some of the older cars and trucks have been out there since `14 and to be honest have seen better days,may even stack `em up and start a wrecking yard?;)
Close Up.JPG
Close Up1.JPGSide View1.JPG
You could always do what I did and make them a wagon load on route to a scrap yard.
I found these in a garage sale (car boot sale in UK?) for the princely sum of 50c, the wagon is a scratchbuild in 1:20.3.
Dented mudguard/fender courtesy of a little blow torch action.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 285396
View attachment 285397View attachment 285398
You could always do what I did and make them a wagon load on route to a scrap yard.
I found these in a garage sale (car boot sale in UK?) for the princely sum of 50c, the wagon is a scratchbuild in 1:20.3.
Dented mudguard/fender courtesy of a little blow torch action.
Interesting load,it`s a shame about that town car!!! I like the scratch car too,that truck chassis frame looks like an AMT short wheelbase cabover tractor?in my case I have a little spare room to use and a good few cars I could use to make a scrap/junk yard and could stack em up on top of each other,I will have to build some sort of crane to cope with the loading and some battered high sided gondola cars that I could load too.